Lead Software Engineer at Healthcare SaaS Company
Jellyvision is hiring a Lead Software Engineer
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need a talented Lead Software Engineer to help us.
How you’ll help
As a Lead Software Engineer, you'll provide technical leadership for a cross- functional team consisting of application, test, and site reliability engineers. You’ll use your experience to ensure the team is designing and building straightforward, maintainable solutions to problems – solutions that are only as complicated as they need to be to achieve our desired business outcomes.
What you’ll do
Our Lead Software Engineers will:
- Design clean, straightforward solutions to problems
- Collaborate with Product Managers to define high level system requirements
- Write maintainable, reliable, and performant code
- Evaluate build vs. buy decisions and ensure we only build custom solutions when necessary
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members
- Give and receive constructive code review feedback
- Ensure the team maintains Jellyvision’s values, standards, and best practices
- Foster an inclusive team environment
- Collaborate with Jellyvision's non-tech teams (ex. designers, writers, producers)
Experience & skills you’ll need
We're looking for Lead Software Engineers with 5+ years of relevant experience, strong software design chops, and solid software engineering fundamentals. They should also have experience with the following:
- Automated testing (unit, integration, and functional tests)
- Source control (we use git)
- AWS (DevOps experience is a bonus)
- Relational databases (experience writing raw SQL is a bonus)
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability
- Instills Trust
- Decision Quality
- Optimizes Work Processes
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.