Lead Software Architect
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology. Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to- peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
Lead Software Architect:
A Tribe Architect at Bitso has the objective of strategic planning of software architecture for a single product. They guide teams of engineers and architects and set them up for success by providing them with a long-term vision of the evolution of the software structure. They create an environment where people are empowered to make decisions and to act autonomously, while providing them with technical feedback on architectural decisions, architectural process, and alignment with the long-term plan. At this stage of Bitso’s organisational development, Tribe Architect is a key decision making and team support role. They do not manage engineering teams or teams of software architects.
- Review of product designs in terms of non-functional requirements,
- Formulation of software quality objectives for technical solutions,
- Preparation and maintenance of a long-term strategy for squad changes in the tribe,
- Maintenance of dependency graph for the software of the tribe,
- Guidance and active mentorship for all squad architects in the tribe,
- Review of architecture-related work in the tribe,
- Guidance in technical matters for the product management of the tribe.
- Report directly to the Head of Architecture.
Potentially, to succeed in this role you’ll need:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- English language proficiency.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in software development.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical leadership role.
- 5+ years of experience in a role connected with software architecture.
- Advanced knowledge of software design patterns, architectural patterns and integration patterns.
- Advanced understanding of most popular architectural styles and their uses.
- Ability to reason about software outside of a particular programming language or technology.
- Experience in working with database systems of multiple types.
- Experience in working with SOA.
- Proficiency in using multiple programming languages.
- Comfort in negotiating with high management.
- Ability and willingness to get hands dirty when needed.
- Excellent self-motivation and self-discipline.
Additionally, it would be nice if you have:
- Basic knowledge of technical aspects of crypto-currency.
- User-level knowledge of traditional finance.
- Experience in requirements engineering.
- Experience in working with message/event driven architectures.
- Experience in working in a diverse, multinational environment.
- Experience in working in an agile-managed company.
- Experience in working with AWS.
- Experience in working 100% remotely.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful
- Salary: We pay very competitively in the countries where we operate, based on sophisticated high-tech markets
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom
- Performance Bonus: Your hard work will be rewarded with an attractive bonus plan.
As you move on to the final stage of our talent attraction journey, we will ask you to please complete our background check process.
This role is expected to work remotely.