Lead Frontend Engineer - Benefex - Remote - £80-90k
Who are Benefex?
Benefex are leading the way for Employee Wellbeing. They believe no one comes to work to do a bad job or be actively disengaged, and that technology is instrumental in providing an excellent employee experience. They’ve built an all-in-one platform called OneHub that brings together employee benefits software, reward and recognition tech, and workplace communications, so your employees have everything they need for work in one place.
Benefex believe that everyone deserves an exceptional experience at work, every day. Their workplace technology makes this happen.
Lead Frontend Engineer – Role Overview:
As the Lead Frontend Engineer, day to day you’ll be working closely with the other Engineers in the Home Squad ensuring the product is evolving to meet the overall roadmap and strategy, as well as defining the Frontend development best practices and building upon the existing methodology and tools.
This will require you to be hands-on for approximately 40% of the time, with the other 60% spent on leading and line managing other Frontend Engineers working in the squad and across the chapter. Driving best practice; you’ll coach and mentor, provide regular 1-2-1s, OKR’s and career development opportunities as well as working closely with the VP Product Engineering to recruit more talent as we grow.
This exciting role is a great opportunity for an ambitious Engineer with a passion for technology to take the next step in their career.
You will need extensive Frontend development experience developing SaaS products to a high standard, across both performance and scalability that comes with supporting 500,000+ users and growing globally.
Working closely with the CTO and VP Product Engineering, you will have a significant influence and support to lead a great Frontend chapter, responsible for creating the award-winning OneHub platform.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Be the technical lead and line manage the Frontend chapter
- Hold regular 1-2-1 sessions to mentor and coach your chapter
- Collaborate with the CTO, Principal Engineer and other Lead Engineers to architect the best solutions and strategy for the OneHub products.
- Hands-on collaboration with the squad Engineers to analyse, design and deliver new Product features.
- Evolve the current coding standards and increase the documentation across the Frontend chapter.
- Ensure work is delivered to a high standard and manage technical debt as part of the Frontend strategy.
- Work closely with the UX Designer to translate designs seamlessly into frontend components thinking about accessibility, usability and implementation.
Career Progression :
- The Chapter will continue to grow, as Lead Frontend Engineer you’ll work with the CTO and VPE on hiring plans and be responsible for hiring new engineers. Once the Chapter reaches a certain size (~10 engineers) you’ll move into a hands-off management role and progress through the management track.
- Self-development is heavily driven, so if you want to learn a new skill this is encouraged, whether this be training or attending an event. There is an allocated £800 budget per person, and days taken for training or events are not taken as holiday!!
- You also have ‘Focus Friday’s’ where you’ll block two hours out in your diary for self-development.
Salary and Package:
- Flexible working. Choose whether you’d like to work fully remote or be a hybrid worker spending some time in our Southampton office.
- Tech setup of your choice (MacBook Pro or equivalent, monitors, etc.)
- £800 annual learning budget, plus two hours per week as ‘Focus Fridays’.
- 25 days holiday (plus your birthday off!)
- Access to our own award-winning online benefits scheme.
- Pension, Income Protection, Life Assurance, Healthcare Cash Plan, EAP