We're looking for a Lead "All Rounder" Engineer to join our team.
If you're the type of person who loves to learn new things, take initiative and lead and create your own projects, this could be a great fit. If you prefer to be handed all your tasks, then this may not be for you.
We're a small, but successful company, so this role is for someone who enjoys being exposed to many different types of things, has excellent communication skills and would take ownership of their role and run with it.
You would organise and setup Linux servers, deploy applications, test software for bugs, liase with team mates, setup scheduling for database backups, etc.
Finding the best fit for both of us
Primarily we hire people based on their alignment to our values, we find that this is best for both parties. Our company values are below:
- Own your role: t o be successful, take the foundations given to you and make the role yours. Come up with your own ideas and projects and drive them forward.
- Speak your mind: You can always speak your mind, if something isn’t right you should speak up. Feedback flows freely and openly in all directions.
- Take your time: Things aren’t rushed, it is better to spend time to properly think through and analyse projects than hurry them. Get advice, collaborate and do the best job possible.
- Try stuff: You can try things and make mistakes and that’s fine as long as you use this to keep improving.
We're also in the process of implementing the EOS framework, which will create an even higher level of accountability and transparency in the business. The core of EOS is that people who thrive on being accountable will rise to the top.
Skills you would most likely have
- Excellent: Problem solving and organisational skills
- Excellent: Linux Sysadmin/Ubuntu
- Excellent: Communication skills, would liaise with team members and occasionally customers (primarily through Slack)
- Basic/moderate: PHP / NodeJs / modify small parts of existing scripts to get the job done
- You love: Learning new things and aren't afraid to push your knowledge forward
Within your first week you'll:
You'll jump in the deep end and setup some of our existing apps on new or old servers
Within your first month you'll:
You'll begin documentation on how our apps and infrastructure work as you learn from team mates
Within six months, you’ll:
- Help architect and implement a complex and modern API.
- Ship work on critical projects while working with other engineers.
- Contribute to the culture of a growing team.
- We are still growing fast, so we love new teammates who strive to grow personally and professionally, beyond just expanding their technical abilities.
- We’re a distributed team working in multiple time zones, so excellent documentation and communication skills are paramount!
- We recognize that it’s important to be able to collaborate synchronously with teammates sometimes. To join important meetings and pair program with teammates.
We understand that this may not be the most standard job ad, but if you feel that this sounds exciting, we would love to hear from you.
Informal applications are welcome to apply, please send us a short email highlighting any relevant experience and other information you may think is relevant.