Junior Drupal Developer
- North America
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10) AST (UTC -4) NST (UTC -3:30)
Hello! Thanks for your interest in our Junior Drupal Developer position. We’re growing our team at TEN7 and are searching for our next United States based colleague. Please read this job posting carefully.
We're looking for someone early in their career to join us, located on the west coast, east coast or somewhere in-between.
We're open to this being a full-time salaried position or a part-time contract position.
TEN7 is a distributed company: we work from anywhere. Our mission is to Make Things That Matter. We’re driven to bring the best of ourselves in everything we do — whether it’s strategic thinking with clients, designing and developing websites, providing long-term support and training, or using our time and talents to try to make the world a better place. We are committed to living our values and helping our clients achieve their goals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're so happy you're considering us!
If you decide to apply, please include "lead with empathy" somewhere in your application.
We're looking for a Junior Drupal Developer to help us support our clients' websites. This will include: ad-hoc support requests, ongoing planned support, code review, security updates, documentation, and more.
These will be your responsibilities to start, and we’ll work together on a monthly basis to make sure they continue to be challenging and rewarding:
Write new code
Develop functionality for websites with an eye toward maintainability, user experience, and accessibility
Fix bugs Discover, investigate and fix bugs
You have experience working with a team and understand the value of collaboration
Communicate Communicate with our internal team and clients to ask questions or give progress updates
- Review work Review code with teammates
- Improve things Suggest improvements and new approaches for projects and development processes
- Be present Be present and prepared for team meetings
Share and learn
Share what you know and learn from what others have to share
Support others Support your teammates when they’re in need
- Accept support Allow yourself to accept support when that teammate is you
Qualities we're looking for
- Front-end Drupal Front-end development experience on production sites using Drupal 7, 8 and 9.
Some backend experience would be ideal, but you don't need to be a complete full-stack developer
Understanding technical debt Understanding of technical debt and ability to detect "code smells"
Familiarity with Agile/Scrum
You've been involved in Agile projects or have at least a basic understanding of Agile principles
Communication skills Good verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable working directly with clients. Not afraid to ask questions to make sure you understand the scope of what you're working on
- Diverse interests Diverse interests and experiences
- Considerate Warm and considerate approach toward teammates and clients alike
Bonus points for
You don't need to have experience in any of these to apply... but if you do in one or a few, tell us about it!
- Community participation Participation in your local community, in whatever capacity
- Experience presenting Experience presenting at conferences, camps, or meetups
Experience working as part of a distributed, remote team
Drupal.org and Github Familiarity with the Drupal.org issue queue, Github
- Other technologies
Experience with other web frameworks and technologies
We use the command line, PHP, Git (especially Git Flow), Docker, Composer, Drush, MySQL, MariaDB, Bootstrap, JIRA, Slack, Zoom, Notion, Google Docs and we hope you'll join us in using them too. And if you've never grep'd a log file, or finished a feature branch, we hope you'll want to learn how.
Taking care of our employees is a top priority for us. Here's a list of benefits we're excited to offer:
- FTE annual salary range of $50-60k // *contract hourly range of $30-40 — DOE
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Gusto Cashout
- Technology Stipend
- Professional Development Stipend Plus 2 Additional Days off
- Carbon Offset
- 9 Paid Holidays when TEN7 is Closed
- 13 Days of Paid Time off, to Start
- 6 Personal Wellness Days
- Time off for Vaccinations
- 2 Weeks of Parental Leave
- 4 Weeks of Sabbatical After Every 4 Years of Service
- Paid Time off for Bereavement and Jury Duty
*Please note that we are not able to offer company benefits for a part-time contract position.
Must be willing to submit a background check before official offer is made.