Java Software Engineer, III
- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10)
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career working for a fast growing Cyber Security Company that is disrupting the email security market with its Phishing Defense and Response (PDR) platform.
The Java Software Engineer III is responsible for wearing multiple hats from viewing the architectural approach with a critical eye, making implementation decisions, and proactively communicating this with the team.
- Understanding the approach and design decisions and creating an implementation that supports overall design
- Working with other engineers on the team, particularly more junior engineers through pair programming, open communications, and collaboration
- Actively participate in our Agile development lifecycle, including planning and grooming, stand-up, and retrospectives
- Proactively perform code reviews, give feedback, and ask questions
- Actively participate on one to two scrum teams including sprint and release related meetings such as planning, grooming, reviews and retros.
- Own (along with team) all aspect of the application, including quality, performance testing, and production support.
- Work with other members of the team in a proactive fashion, especially any junior programmers, mentoring as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Full stack JAVA development experience, from backend systems to user interfaces as necessary
- Knowledge and experience using AWS services, such as EC2, RDS, and Fargate
- Knowledge and experience using Spring, Hibernate, jUnit, Mockito
- Knowledge and experience using relational database systems especially PostgreSQL preferred
- Ability to comfortably develop code for and debug remote systems
- Collaborates with others, capable of working constructively with a group of people that have different skill sets and interests
- Ability to take ownership of and effectively communicate implementation decisions at various levels
- Ability to work independently and take initiative as a member of a dynamic and fast-moving team
- Been an active member of an Agile team (running Scrum and Kanban) preferred
- Knowledge of Docker preferred
- DevOps Chops preferred (Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Gradle, bash)
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience working with RESTful APIs with particular attention to security, scalability, availability, and performance.
- Experience and comfort developing large scale distributed applications in a microservices architecture using Java 11+ (Streams, Serialization, Multi-Threading, Annotations)
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange / EWS a plus
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.