- North America
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectations that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Medal is growing 100% organically, and retention is high. You are joining as an accelerator, not as someone who is in charge of creating growth in the first place.
You will work directly with the executive team to do experiments, both internally and externally with game developers and game communities. We will seek out opportunities that create both certain incremental growth and uncertain exponential growth. We will not work on larger projects, but rather the biggest short-term gains for growth.
As a team, we favor progress, learning, and speed, over perfection.
- Have a good understanding of the games industry on both mobile and PC
- Take ownership and set metrics and goals
- Deep experience with product analytics at scale (e.g. SQL, Mixpanel, Amplitude)
- Have a technical background similar to that of a full-stack engineer as you will work across the stack
Additionally, we need you to
- Enjoy dogfooding what you are working on to understand the ins, outs, and value of the Medal platform
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills — not only being good at it but genuinely enjoying it!
- Overseeing end-to-end growth experiments design, build, QA, and release
- Prioritize tasks and manage your time effectively
- Work effectively with minimal supervision
- Be entrepreneurial & team player, with an enthusiasm for early-stage startups and high speed
- Read and write well and can communicate and collaborate both synchronously and asynchronously
- Startup experience: technical founder/co-founder, growth, or data roles
- Experience in data analysis (running split tests, developing metrics, optimize data collection)
- Experience with Discord
- Desktop/Web: React, Electron, C# and C++
- Mobile: Swift, Objective C, Java, Kotlin
- Backend: REST, Java, Cloudflare, Digital Ocean, Google Cloud, Fastly
- Analytics: Amplitude
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Fully remote work environment
- Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
- Home office budget
- Team gatherings once we can travel again
- Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
- Full Medical for employee and two dependents (US employees only)
- Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents (US employees only)
- 401K (US employees only)
- All the fun and frolics that come with working for a gaming company
WHAT YOU'LL HAVE TO DO NOW
We hope to hear from you! When you apply, please make sure to include:
- Links to apps you’ve released/portfolio, and a description of your contributions
- Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
As a heads up, our typical recruitment process is:
- Phone screening
- Up to four interviews with different team members
- Reference checks
If you made it all the way here, include “” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!