Fully Remote - Lead Full Stack Developer - Meraki: Dashboard Team
Full time, Fully remote or optional onsite in San Francisco
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
The Switch dashboard team is a high-impact, fast-paced, growing team that is responsible for our Meraki Switching product. The switch team is constantly challenged with impactful problems focused around scaling, security, cross- product compatibility, etc.
As a Meraki Lead Full Stack Engineer, you will collaborate with leadership to help lead a group of full-stack engineers in designing, planning, and building new features for our customers. With the help of product managers and UX designers, you will construct intuitive but powerful workflows to tackle the meaningful problems that IT professionals face every day. The dashboard provides visualizations that allow our customers to deploy and manage their Meraki products easily; as well as identify and resolve issues. All of the configurations live within the cloud!
What you'll find yourself working on:
- Work with leadership to plan and execute on the greater Product and Engineering vision
- Lead and mentor a group of full-stack engineers by providing architectural guidance while voicing support for engineering standard methodologies
- Develop tools for customers to configure and monitor networking devices all over the world.
- Build intuitive and powerful workflows to solve important problems for IT professionals around the world, by collaborating with product managers and UX designers.
- Tackle challenging scaling problems to ensure a flawless user experience and high uptime.
- Improve and restructure the backend architecture to scale to ever-larger customers
- Work closely with various partners such as Firmware developers, product management, UX, etc to build products that seamlessly work across our Meraki platform.
- Be a unifying force connecting people and motivating others to do their best.
What we're ideally looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in web backend technologies, like Ruby on Rails or Go
- 3+ years of experience in building rich web UIs with React (and Redux)
- Know your way around web back-end technologies
- Can implement efficient database design in a relational database (we use Postgres)
- Experience prototyping, shipping, and iterating on new and sophisticated features and experiences
- The ability to influence, facilitate discussion, and work in partnership with other teams
- Strategic and product-oriented approach with a desire to understand users
- Aren’t afraid of rolling your sleeves up and working in all layers of the stack
- You thrive within a small team and are excited to seek solutions to open-ended problems