Fullstack Engineer - Fully Remote - Based Anywhere
Remote work is one of the great equalizers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live. Omnipresent does just that.
We are a customer-focused global employment services partner that can help companies grow their teams in 155 countries and territories around the world. How do we do that? Well, through our SaaS platform, OmniPlatform. We help companies (big or small) deal with the complexities involved with hiring global teams remotely, by managing employee onboarding through to offboarding, including legal and compliance, payroll, expenses, and health and benefits.
We also practice what we preach! We are a fully remote company which means we have no head office. Our team of more than 150 people is located in more than 35 countries and territories around the world. This means you can work from anywhere. We provide benefits and support in any global location just as we would for our clients and their remote teams. Our company has a flat structure which means accountability and taking initiative towards your everyday tasks that help further our ambitious company goals.
At a time when remote work is exploding, we're growing our team to help make global remote work a reality for people everywhere.
More about Engineering at Omnipresent
The engineering and product teams work very closely together to form empowered teams with shared KPIs, that include Subject Matter Experts from other departments in Omnipresent (when that makes sense). Each team decides how it works for itself, and teams have a mix of approaches that vary based on their preferences, the needs of their users and the specifics of the work they are doing. Engineers interact frequently with our internal customers, and occasionally with external ones, to understand what they need from the software, get their feedback on what is being built and work with them directly if something goes wrong.
We have maintained an emphasis on technical quality as we grow - ensuring that our software remains refactorable, and is refactored, as we build - so we can maintain a high pace of delivery over time. We have high levels of automated test coverage, a very fast release cycle, and consider refactoring part of the work. We are working on improving the availability of slack time in the team so we can deliver more "quick win" improvements to the product and technology.
Omnipresent is looking for experienced Full Stack Engineers to help bring our customer and internal facing OmniPlatform to life. We are solving an incredibly complex problem and need the customer interface to be beautiful and usable. This involves building both a highly performant frontend application and a mesh of backend services which abstract the complex country specific elements and surface the required data to the frontend.
You would be joining a fast-growing distributed team of engineers, who work cross-functionally with Product and Design to build the OmniPlatform, solve problems and support the needs of our global customers. We write our tests first, and know that delivering quickly requires excellent tooling and ongoing attention to the health of the codebase (React/Redux/NodeJS/Typescript and many more fancy technologies which we selected to solve given problem)
You will be working with JS Stack, Github integrated with Circle CI, event driven system, collaborative teams and guilds. We are currently working with JS but we are open for people with experience in modern web technologies and an eagerness to learn new frameworks
- You are open for new ideas and willing to discuss different points of view
- You collaborate on a daily basis with product managers, design, and other internal stakeholders to ensure we are building a product that solves our customer needs
- You contribute to our tooling and automation
- You work asynchronously with a distributed team, so you will be creating durable written artifacts of your work
- You have 5+ years of experience
Feature development, technical improvements and tooling are all first class citizens when we prioritize. Our engineers have an active voice in planning work, make smart trade-offs between short and long term value, and can demonstrate how the work they want to do will benefit our customers later.
- We are a truly omnipresent and fully remote engineering team located in many countries of Europe, Africa, Central Asia and both Americas.
- We work closely with our internal stakeholders to truly understand the problem we need to solve
- We are transparent about our technology stack - you can learn more about it here: https://stackshare.io/omnipresent/omnipresent
- We are curious about how we can help improve our products
- We are curious about you
What would make you really stand out?
- Experience in JS, specifically typescript, Node and React
- Experience with AWS and/or security,
- Experience in an environment that uses DevOps, Modern Testing and/or Modern Agile practices
- Probably a few other things, but have fewer points here than in the overall requirements, which is a good length now
What else is in it for you?
- Interesting work and complex challenges: Being part of the founding team means this is greenfield work. You'll decide the future of the tech stack and be fundamental to our success.
- Shared ownership - Being a part of our journey means you will own a piece of Omnipresent
- Annual vacation entitlement: 33 days including local holidays
- Equipment and infrastructure: We give you a budget for all the equipment you need to work effectively wherever you are
- Company retreats: We are planning biannual company-wide retreats post COVID, and well as socials and other team building activities
- Coworking space access: We offer all employees access to co-working spaces where ever they live in a flexible manner so that you use what you need.
- Development should be a continuous conversation with your manager and they will support you in choosing what you need whether that's accreditations, workshops, or formal degree programs or courses. Important is that you update your Individual Development Plan with any kind of education you take.
- Working with an innovative and rapidly growing startup team
- Flexible working - Work from anywhere in the world. We are as flexible as the work allows
- Start date: Mutually agreed as soon as possible
We believe remote working is a great equaliser and we practice what we preach. Inclusivity is fundamental to our mission and we are committed to conscious inclusion. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.