Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8)
Upright Labs is looking for fullstack engineers who want to work up and down the stack.
Upright Labs builds multichannel ecommerce software for retailers. We make it really easy for secondhand retailers to manage inventory and sell online, everywhere. Our software processes hundreds of thousands items each month and has helped retailers sell millions in inventory.
We work with secondhand goods retailers including Goodwill and Salvation Army. Our software powers their ecommerce operations and your code will directly impact their success.
Our stack is Ruby on Rails on the backend with React.js and TypeScript on the frontend, backed by Postgres and Redis databases. We run everything on and Heroku , logging with LogDNA , CI with Github Actions , error tracking with Sentry , monitoring with Datadog , and source code on Github. We constantly evolve our stack and are always on the lookout for new exciting technologies.
You'll help our engineering team grow by helping us make foundational decisions in our product and technical directions. If you like to work on small teams with lots of autonomy and work closely with customers, then you'll be a great fit for Upright.
- You're a hacker. You love to code, read Hacker News, and constantly push yourself to try new web technologies.
- Highly motivated and care deeply about good code and best practices , while also most interested in regularly delivering exceptional product improvements
- You have strong opinions, weakly held. You're not afraid to standup for what you believe in but are empathetic and open to change.
- You're a self-starter who wants to push out code on day 1
- You're a go-getter, want to expand your skills, and dive deep into code to figure out and tackle hard problems.
- Have 3+ years experience working on larger-scale web applications.
- Based between PT and ET timezones
What You'll do
- Deploy code on your first day.
- Dive into every corner of our stack, drive decision-making, and own new features.
- Work on our Rails backend and React frontend building out new features and improvements.
- Talk to customers and contribute in product direction
- Help guide and grow Upright Labs into the best ecommerce software for retailers.
- 100% remote forever
- Competitive compensation
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- 401k match
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Annual off-sites
- Office equipment stipend to get your home office set up the way you like it
- Hot-desk stipend if you prefer working out of co-working spaces
- Continuing education budget so you can keep learning outside of your day to day job
- Work with an exciting and growing company with lots of interesting technical problems
How to apply
👉 To apply please submit your application via this form: https://form.jotform.com/222006974897164. 👈
Please note, candidates who do not submit the application form will not be considered. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. We are committed to following up with all candidates and appreciate your interest!
Upright Labs is a strong and flexible team because of the diverse backgrounds of our staff. This includes professional background, subject matter expertise, culture, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, hobbies, etc. We strongly encourage women, minorities, and people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Your skills are needed here.