- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8)
Integrating with third-party platforms has looked the same for the past 15+ years: shuffling data across bespoke and limited JSON APIs. Want to help change that?
At Sequin, we're building a remote team of brilliant engineers to change how developers integrate with APIs. Instead of learning the ins and outs of a third-party API to access their data, developers use us to sync SaaS data with their database in real time instead.
If you join us, you'll be an early team member that will help shape:
- Our culture
- Our product
- Our engineering practices
We're searching for US-based engineers to join our founding team. These engineers are a special breed: entrepreneurial self-starters. Ambitious. Creative. Optimistic. Energetic. High-integrity.
Experience is important, but we care most about raw horsepower. This will be a high-growth ride for all of us.
Our founding Fullstack Engineer will ship end-to-end, customer-facing features. You'll see a feature through, from inception to design, to implementation, to telling our customers about it.
Engineers on the team today:
- Work in Elixir/Phoenix (back-end) and TypeScript/React/Tailwind (front-end).
- Are self-starters who like to be left to autonomously figure out solution to their challenges.
- Are naturally curious and enjoy stepping in to learn something they don't have experience in.
- Read about programming in their free time.
- Have a ship-it attitude and a willingness to iterate to the right solution as opposed to build it perfectly upfront.
- Are optimists.
- Value clear, frequent communication (we do a lot of reading & writing)
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of working full-time as a software engineer
- Experience with React.
- Experience working in the front-end and building the APIs necessary to power that front-end.
- [Preferred] Functional programming experience.
- [Preferred] Experience working with a designer.
- [Bonus] Have lead a cross-functional team to build customer-facing features.
Challenges we wish to work on
- Create and manage local dev databases in our console.
- CLI for generating ORM boilerplate.
- Integrate with companies like Retool to bring our synced databases into their platforms.
- Tools for monitoring and visualizing your sync processes.
- Meter-based pricing (along with free tier).
- Ability to write and test functions or transforms of your schema.
- Salary starting at $180,000
- Ownership through options
- Top-notch health benefits (medical/dental/vision)
- Top-of-the-line hardware
- Ergonomic desk setup at home
- Stipend for purchasing books
Email JoinUs@sequin.io, subject: Working at Sequin
In place of a cover letter:
- Tell us what most excites you about applying to join Sequin.
- Tell us about the most impressive thing you've ever built.