We are looking for a Fullstack developer to join a new team, focusing on Creative and Media Asset Creation and Approval Workflows. The team will be working on a greenfield solution, which will enable customers and their designers to drive Creative work through a collaborative pipeline, throughout which key stakeholders are encouraged to make edits, contribute, comment, approve and ultimately deliver great-looking and amazingly engaging creatives for their advertising counterparts. We don't yet know what it will look like, but we're excited to find out. This work will help further our Creative offering, and in doing so you will be a key contributor to our product and our long term strategy.
We are quite agnostic about technology and always aim to choose the best tools for the job. On the backend, our favoured stack is Node.js in combination with TypeScript usually coupled with PostgreSQL and/or RabbitMQ. On the front-end side of things, React with TypeScript is the flavour du jour.
For a sneak peek into our ways of working, read How Engineers Work at Smartly.io!
As a Fullstack Developer you will...
- Have cradle-to-grave ownership of vertical slices of our platform
- Documenting our services and communicating our offerings to other teams within Smartly
- Focus on well-designed and well-executed software, quality matters
- Be a core contributor of our Creative Engineering Group's ambitions and product offering
- Work with our stakeholders - be them UX, product, infrastructure or our support function - to ensure we meet customers where they are
- Assist our support functions, both in an advisory role and as a participant. That's right; we all do customer support.
- Apply and enhance your soft skills through working closely with our customers and your peers
What we are looking for...
- Experience in building web backends using any reasonable stack. We use Node.JS, React and Typescript for new stuff.
- Experience in building robust, complex and distributed web applications
- Motivation for solving customers' problems and delivering value to customers at a fast pace.
What to expect from our recruitment process...
First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
Explore and Expand: we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.
In this role, you will need to be physically working from Berlin metropolitan area, even though the job is fully remote.