Full-Stack Software Engineer
- 7 applicants
Title: Full-Stack Software Engineer (WordPress & Shopify)
Barrel is a digital agency that designs, builds, and optimizes e-commerce websites for brands. We work with exciting brands across fashion, beauty, CPG, and home goods. We are a highly collaborative and fully distributed team.
Barrel is seeking a full-stack WordPress & Shopify Developer to join our remote-first team you can work from anywhere in the world during US time zones. You will be responsible for partnering with our Technical and internal teams to redesign and launch new web and mobile products for our clients.
- Architect and/or implement frontend or backend technical solutions based on the requirements of the project
- Conduct technical requirements gathering, technical analysis and development of tech specs
- Ensure that correct technology processes are being employed and followed on projects
- Conduct research and assist on scoping and estimating new work
- Planning features utilizing sprints and juggle simultaneous feature development
- Experience with WordPress & Shopify (required)
- Sass or PostCSS (required)
- VueJS and ReactJS (required)
- Webpack (nice to have)
- SQL (nice to have)
- Tailwind (nice to have)
- Git (nice to have)
- Proactive in raising issues / blockers as soon as they occur
- 4+ years experience in WordPress & Shopify front-end development; prior experience working in an agency setting is preferred
- Expert knowledge developing cross platform/browser (iOS, Android, Chrome, Safari, Firefox) for web applications.
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for performance and accessibility (WCAG)
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication skills (both in person and in writing) while interacting with individuals with a range of technical understanding – responsiveness within 1 day
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Barrel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, culture, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, appearance, opinions, beliefs and more.