Full-Stack Software Engineer
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Full-Stack Software Engineer
United States – Remote
About Square Roots
Square Roots is the technology leader in indoor farming. We create meaningful jobs in modern farming, empowering a new generation of leaders in agriculture. With production farms in Brooklyn, NY, Kenosha, WI,, and Grand Rapids, MI (with more to come in 2022!). Square Roots is on a mission to responsibly bring our locally grown food to people in cities around the world, all year round.
The way we operate our business and operate our farms is better for local communities. Everyone on the Square Roots teamfrom farmers to engineers, commercial experts to operations specialistsis supported, connected, and empowered to do their best work to help Square Roots achieve its goals as a company.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to be an integral member of a product driven team that builds software to support our farming and business initiatives. You will help us develop and improve our proprietary web application, known as The Farmer Toolbelt, as well as support our scaling needs as we enter a period of fast growth. We have a wide range of technical solutions to figure out and scale – including improved user experience, data visualizations, and lots of workflow optimization.
These technology solutions will support business activities such as training farmers to grow food in our proprietary indoor farming system, exploring innovative ways to facilitate data collection to optimize growing conditions, and leveraging real-time data from our cloud-connected farms to proactively detect issues before they happen. This means being comfortable integrating existing apps, APIs, and services as well as developing new innovative solutions while prioritizing the end user experience. We have three campuses (Brooklyn, Grand Rapids, and Kenosha) and we are expanding rapidly to have a physical presence in many more cities in 2022, so our technology solutions have to scale appropriately.
- Develop internal tools and workflow automation to support Farming, Marketing, Biz Dev, and Finance teams.
- Identify and solve the most important technical and business problems as part of a very collaborative product team.
You have experience with:
- Have 3+ years of Full-Stack developer experience, ideally in a startup environment.
- System design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Data modeling and relational/non-relational databases.
- Continuous integration and automatic deployments.
- React or a similar front-end web framework.
- Object-oriented programming languages such as Ruby or Python.
- Experience building IoT systems using frameworks such as AWS IoT Greengrass (Big Plus).
- You’ve had exposure to building and operating machine learning systems (Big Plus).
- You’ve grown food with hydroponics, other controlled-environment agriculture techniques, or from soil (Big Plus).
- Passionate about real, local food.
You’ll love working at Square Roots because:
- We’re here to change the food system. You’ll have the opportunity to play a significant role in our work at the intersection of technology, farming, and the global food industry – and we’re only just getting started.
- Our team is driven by a shared set of values. These keep us aligned and remind us how to show up every day in the face of growth and ambiguity. Whether you’re working remotely or on the farms, collaboration, respect, optimism and humility are all embraced, and we seek to empower people at every step. Ask us about the rest!
- Benefits and perks, of course. We’re all here first and foremost to play our part in the mission, but medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible work life culture, and lots of samples of the delicious food we grow certainly do not hurt.