Full Stack Java Developer
A mid to senior-level software engineer will be primarily responsible for developing or implementing source code for use in a variety of client and server-based environments.
The project is a big data solution that ingests data from independent, silod systems (structured/unstructured data) and transforms for discovery (searching) for aid in decision making. There is reengineering V1.0 to run ML algorithms and models, as well as cloud enabled on modern web and MS Azure technologies.
Currently building out a prototype for demo purposes. There is a need to continue to build out functionality on both the frontend and backend based on the project needs and insights to learn from the data sets.
- Secondary duties involve designing and discovering new technology solutions.
- Additional responsibilities include providing guidance and input to junior-level developers and assisting the lead developer with implementation and configuration activities.
- A senior-level developer should be an independent and self-starting contributor, able to work for extended periods (a week or longer) without regular guidance from other functions.
- A senior-level developer should also understand and work efficiently within a formal Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing full-stack web applications in a modern language/framework (Java w/ Spring, Python with Django , Ruby w/ Rails, ReactJS, NodeJS/Express).
- Graph database Experience a must.
- Experience working with other developers and analysts in a SDLC-based team environment.
- Demonstrable skills in problem solving and technology risk analysis.
- Demonstrable skills in oral and written communication.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience programming web applications using Python or Python MVC.
- Training/Experience in SQL technology.
- Training/Experience in NoSQL technology.
- Experience using GraphQL.
- Familiar with MS Azure technologies such as Azure Cosmos, Data factory.
- Familiar with deploying web applications.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.