Full Stack Engineer
We are looking for driven engineers with the energy and drive to join our fast-growing and profitable TravelTech startup.
Our tech stack is a mix of ASP.NET core on the backend and React/NextJS and Tailwind on the frontend. We use both serverless and cloud hosted architecture depending on what we’re building.
As a member of a small team, these are some of the hats you may wear on a daily basis:
- Improving our packaging platform
- Integrating a new supplier into our accommodation availability API, including an upgrade to a framework version or introducing a new idea or framework to keep things up-to-date.
- Improving our website
- Making our website even easier to use for our customers, whether it is speeding up search or testing a new design.
- Creating tools for our team
- We use tech throughout the business, and apply the same zeal to internal tooling as we do to giving our customers an awesome experience.
- This includes taking vague problems/requirements, running event storming sessions and turning the findings into tools that make their jobs easier and less monotonous.
- Improving our infrastructure and DevOps pipelines
- Speaking to suppliers to improve the way we integrate with their tech.
- This involves finding creative solutions to work with partners who may not have much tech resource or typical integration points.
Who is this role right for?
You’re a good fit if you like the idea of:
- A mixture of building new tech and also fixing and improving our existing systems. You know when something needs a quick fix, a bit of architecture work or a rewrite.
- Owning what you build, from the ideas and design through to the hosting and availability of the end product.
- Communicating with colleagues throughout the company to improve our tech for both our customers and ourselves.
- Using a variety of languages and frameworks, and learning new ones.
- A fast paced environment focused on learning and delivering value.
- Finding creative ways to work with partners who may not have typical tech integration points. This is where a curious mind and creative approach to tech brings the most value to our business.
- Working independently without micro-management. We are a team who help each other and collaborate on architectural and creative decisions, but we need to be happy to work independently when required.
- A flexible approach to work, and be OK with the ambiguity that comes with a new business learning fast. There are times when we stick to sprints, and times when we use a just-in-time, kanban approach.
Why work with us?
A competitive salary of £40-60k depending on experience
26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Flexible working: we’re open to remote, hybrid or office-based working. If you’re remote, we have an office in central Bristol for you to visit and connect with colleagues
Discounted holidays for you, your friends and family
Team trips: we celebrated our successes by getting out and sampling our product
To be totally transparent, we don’t have a benefits package yet, but this is something we’ll be working on
A chance to build something great, work with great people (if we say so ourselves), and really grow. Nothing helps you learn and grow faster than doing something challenging for the first time.