Full Stack Engineer
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Full Stack Engineer (US Remote Only)
If you enjoy the challenge, freedom and satisfaction that comes from both planning out and then executing on a strategy, then you are the droid we are looking for. You take pride in taking complex problems and arriving at efficient solutions. You are comfortable leading, or driving multiple projects forward and have the ability to distill higher level requirements into specifics. Attention to detail is second nature for you and you’ve done enough projects to instinctively know what works, and what doesn’t. You want to be part of a smart team in a fast-moving startup environment that is full of opportunities for growth and to learn from.
- Design and implement new services, integrations and APIs powering the Foodsmart application
- Be a key player in the review of product specifications and technical designs
- Evaluate cost / benefit trade-offs in engineering solutions
- Routinely monitor system health and identify problems / potential problems / shortcomings; proactively provide solutions
- Model engineering best practices through code reviews and collaboration
- Play a leading role in driving team action items, retrospectives, and continuous improvement
- At least 5 years of front-end / full stack experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Expert working knowledge in interpreted back-end language and a broad set of supporting modules/packages. NodeJS preferred. Must be willing to commit to working in NodeJS
- REST API design and implementation
- Good track record of working in a culture of collaboration and execution
- You can demonstrate sound technical fundamentals and a command of key computer science concepts
- Strong command SQL and relational databases. MySQL preferred.
- Experience developing functionality using AWS services such as: Lambda, SQS, S3, SNS
- Exposure to Docker and working with applications to run in a container orchestration environment.
Foodsmart is a mission-driven organization that creates fulfillment at the end of each day, knowing you are working towards helping people live healthier lives through nutrition. As a fast growing startup, there are significant opportunities for growth early on in your tenure. Besides competitive compensation, we offer many unique benefits, including unlimited PTO, flexible working hours, flexible working location, paid health insurance, and monthly gym subsidies.