Full Stack Developer
- North America
We're looking for a mid-level software engineer to work in a mix of either of the following tech stacks :(Node.js, Serverless Framework, Terraform, AWS (DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, Athena, Glue, Batch) and Python (ETL and data analysis).
The other project tech stack is Python, Django, Docker and a little bit of AWS, and React
There are currently two projects to work on, but we have a lot of work coming through so there are opportunities to broaden your experience. One of the projects is an app rebuild with a small start-up who you’ll liaise with daily to guide them on their journey. The other project is a data heavy environment, requiring you to have or develop knowledge in ETL architecture patterns and handling of customer data.
If this kind of work gets you excited, we'd love to hear from you! We believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves.
Common Code strives for gender equitable and socially inclusive practices within our vision, values, policies and systems. We commit to this now and as we grow and evolve as an organisation. We're taking concrete steps to ensure that this is embedded into our governance and the way we operate on every level. We're committed to taking an intersectional lens to making our place of work more equitable and more inclusive to people from all walks of life including, but not limited to, people from different genders, nationalities, sexual orientations, ages, or disability status.
What you'll do day to day
- Write maintainable, clean, secure code with a focus on shipping features as a team
- Create, update and maintain technical documentation, code comments, end user manuals, and deployment procedures
- Participate in daily stand ups (or hangout sit-downs!), review PRs, and pair program
- Provide basic level of strategic advice on development
Skills & Experience:
- Experience working with Python, Node.js etc
- Testing frameworks
- Experience working in an Agile project management environment, particularly with scrum
- Computer science studies or equivalent studies in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or another IT related degrees preferred
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- ETL, Docker, AWS, big data
- Building side projects out of curiosity — doesn't have to be code related, can be anything such as building a planter box, gardening, etc
- We have a fun team culture and are committed to a culture of inclusion and diversity, where everyone’s voice is heard and valued
- Home Office set up
- Work on interesting projects ranging across many industries such as energy, health, finance, construction and our tech for good portfolio — really broaden those T shaped skills
About Common Code
We are Common Code, a progressive software development house working with some of Australia's most exciting start-ups all the way through to the big brands and household names. We build bespoke web applications that change the way our clients do business and then. We also build their tech teams for start-ups.
We focus on building technology partnerships with clients, prioritising innovation towards viable business models and technology as an asset to the business.
Common Code provides an active, culturally positive and diverse work environment that prioritises learning and social interaction. We're advocates of agile principles, good design patterns and best practice software development techniques.
We approach engagements in small cross-functional teams which reward the individual through peer review and collaboration practices.
We’re here to help the world code through product teams, building teams, and upskilling teams.