Frontend Engineer, Product
Frontend Engineer, Product
- Location: Remote, Anywhere
Platform.sh is a groundbreaking hosting and development tool for web applications of all types. Backed by European venture capital, the company has grown into a competitive player in the cloud hosting industry, with clients ranging from the individual developer to major web agencies and blue-chip enterprises running significant infrastructure deployments or fleets of hundreds of sites. Our technology stack — the one we’d like to hire you to help build — makes this experience as seamless and full-featured as possible for every client.
We are expanding the engineering team that builds this tool into a self- service product across that entire range of clients. This means software components that do everything from furnish the end-user experience in the web browser or on the command line, to backend components that drive other portions of the product.
You should also be proficient in the domain of web application development, with domain knowledge that broadly addresses at least some of the following areas:
- Git-based workflows and software projects across multiple repositories and codebases
- User authentication and authorization flows between online web applications
- Multi-service or cross-application interaction and design
Although this role is focused on frontend engineering, we interact with other software components using REST and other HTTP APIs — these are applications written in Go, PHP, and Python which drive pieces of the product interaction layer for users. We don’t expect you to be a jack-of-all-trades, but domain knowledge either with one of those other languages or with a microservice- driven architecture can be very beneficial.
Taken together with the frontend UIs we build, this suite of applications forms a key piece of our cloud hosting and devops tooling product — if you’re especially interested in the devops and cloud solutions space, then we’re especially interested in you. Being comfortable tackling programming problems from the architecture level all the way down to proper code implementation is also important to us — though we are growing fast, the team is still small and engineers generally have a great deal of autonomy to implement features and drive the product forward. Your contribution matters.
It would be great if you:
- Have experience building React applications that use Redux for state management
- Know how to build re-usable React components that implement custom design requirements and use styled-components to author the CSS
- Have working knowledge of automated testing tools for frontends such as Jest, Enzyme, and Nightwatch
- Have broad familiarity with the cloud hosting and DevOps domain and knowledge of the experience and requirements of e.g. our customer base
- Have experience making multiple web applications play nicely together and function together as an integrated product
- Have experience with user authentication & authorization flows as well as the other security & compliance requirements that are part of life for 0software accessible over the Internet
- Are familiar with frontend data visualization, libraries like D3.js, etc.
- Have worked on frontend accessibility development, e.g. WCAG requirements or related standards
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We are a worldwide distributed team and are looking for a candidate who can perform well working remotely. To be an effective performer here at Platform.sh, you’ll need to be able to effectively collaborate across time zones while operating with a high level of independence and autonomy.