Front End Web Developer
- USA Only
Front End Web Developer
- Endgame360 is a fast-growing digital media company that runs Showbiz Cheat Sheet, Sportscasting, and MotorBiscuit.
- A creative organization at its core, Endgame360’s primary goal is to delight its millions of monthly readers with high-quality content.
- Relentlessly striving to foster a cycle of success, Endgame360’s mission is to combine data, technology, and storytelling to inform its on-the-go readers with high-quality content.
- The company’s three core values are teamwork, radical honesty, and innovation. With its positive, results-oriented, and inclusive culture, Endgame360 has been recognized as an Inc Magazine Best Workplace in 2020.
- Publishing since 2009, the company now has over 130 employees across nearly 30 states and enjoys millions of monthly readers across its four sites.
- Endgame360 is well-positioned to continue its growth in content, readers, and revenues, enabling career advancement and opportunities for current and future team members.
Anywhere in the continental United States as the company operates virtually across approximately 30 states currently. Endgame360 is headquartered in Asheville, NC, but has been a remote workforce since inception. Preference may be given to candidates located in states in which we currently operate: AL, CA, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT, WI, or WV. However, we will not automatically disqualify those living elsewhere in the United States.
The Front-End Web Developer role will report directly to our head of Engineering.
- The duties and responsibilities outlined below include essential functions of the role.
- Depending on business needs, this role may perform a combination of some or all of the following duties. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- As the Front-End Web Developer, you will collaborate with our close-knit technology team to develop and enhance web and mobile web user interfaces.
The ongoing responsibilities are as follows.
- Report directly to our head of Engineering and collaborate with our close-knit technology team.
- Translate UI designs into web front-end code that is dynamic, efficient, responsive, and adaptable across devices and browsers.
- Participate in Product and Design discussions with a user-first mindset.
- Work with our content creators to deliver editor and author features and capabilities
- Work with our back-end and data engineering teams to determine the best technical approach to problem solving.
- Participate in Agile / Scrum development processes
- Work 100% remotely. Collaborate fluidly and effectively across an all-remote workforce.
- The ideal candidate for the role of Front-End Web Developer will have at least 4 years of experience in a similar role and will have experience working within the Digital Media Industry.
- The final candidate will have many of the following experiences, skills, and personal attributes.
- Native in an Agile / Scrum team
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Experience with code versioning, knowledge of optimization techniques for high traffic sites, Grunt, SaSS are required skills.
- Knowledge of PHP and MySQL is helpful but not required. React experience is helpful.
- Eager to learn new skills and grow professionally. Adaptable and resourceful in solving new challenges
- Ability to estimate time and stick to deadlines
- Excellent organizational, project management and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in an all-remote virtual environment, working effectively via video calls and meetings.
A Bachelors or Associate Degree in Computer Science or related field is desirable.
Base annual salary for this position is $78,000 – $90,000, plus bonus, based on level of experience and qualifications.
Endgame360 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including an exceptional bonus plan, flexible time off program, paid parental leave, paid family medical leave, health, dental, and vision insurances, 401k with employer match, a continuing education allowance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, meet & greets, and financial advising. Endgame360 offers short-term disability insurance fully paid by the company. Endgame360 also offers voluntary long-term disability insurance, voluntary life insurance, and commuter benefits.
At Endgame360, We Insist That You Be You!
Our audience is made up of readers from many cultures and backgrounds. We celebrate that our team is no different. Here you have freedom to embrace what makes you, you: who you love, your gender identity and expression, skin color, age, appearance, disability, neurodiversity, DNA, military/veteran status, citizenship, and other factors that make up who you are. Your uniqueness is valued, welcomed, and appreciated here. We are dedicated to providing a positive workplace and base all employment decisions on your qualifications, performance, merits, as well as business needs. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.