- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Front-End Engineer (REMOTE)
- Remote (United States)
- Digital, Data & Technology
At Thrivent, we are focused on a digital transformation that will deliver modern, innovative experiences for our clients, financial advisors, and employees. We are investing in data and technology, using DevOps practices, and building an engineering culture of empowered technical experts. Our technologists are involved in work that includes cloud native development, digital architecture and integration, automation, cloud data platforms, artificial intelligence, and machine learning as well as maximizing platforms such as Salesforce, AWS and Microsoft.
As a Front-End Engineer on Thrivent’s Digital team, you will be hands on in creating differentiated digital experiences with people at the heart. You’ll collaborate with cross-functional product teams to engineer products that deliver an exceptional customer experience. You’re eager to learn, excited by ambiguity, and able to skillfully contribute to our evolution.
You have a passion for quality in front end engineering and you are ready to bring it to a new, high-impact team of thinkers and doers who are breaking down boundaries of what is possible in our industry. You firmly believe in the power of user-centered design to create powerful digital experiences.
Sound like your thing? Join in on the action and apply today!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works on most phases of application development independently, but works under the direction of a more senior team member or manager
- Checks scope of responsibilities for self on organization efforts
- Successfully delivers the right results on initiatives in a timely and effective manner
- Monitors day to day applications activities/tasks and takes corrective action when needed
- Ensures data quality under the guidance of a more senior team member or manager
- Works with vendor technical staff on upgrades and enhancements
- Looks for opportunities to drive improvements
- Develops current business solutions independently
- Develops and maintains program documentation independently
- Assists in the functionality used by software applications, including change management, security and authentication, disaster recovery planning, support for data access, system configurations and reports
- Serves as a resource to deployment and support teams after launch
- Makes and keeps commitments to achieve desired priorities
- Checks assumptions and clarifies technical standards
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, MIS, mathematics, or related field
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- In-depth knowledge of systems design and demonstrated leadership on small to mid-scale efforts
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- 1+ years of React.js
*This role can sit 100% remote in the United States
We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want todayand tomorrow.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color,sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.