Front End Developer
In today's world, eCommerce is critically important for almost any business, and commercebuild is helping thousands of businesses bring their physical storefronts to the digital world.
commercebuild is an eCommerce platform that allows businesses to unlock the power of their ERP systems to deliver a complete, end-to-end digital eCommerce experience for their customers.
And that's where you come in! We are looking to grow our diverse team with a Front End Developer who can leverage their skills to tackle nearly any problem that comes their way. A Front End Developer at commercebuild implements custom solutions, as well as full redesigns for new and existing customers.
If all of this sounds great to you so far, please keep reading. We want to hear from you!
YOUR DAY WILL INVOLVE:
- Implementing and modifying custom CSS
- Testing to ensure your code achieves its intended purpose, without affecting other areas of the site
- Anticipating problems through high awareness and proactive action
- Interacting with customers via email and occasionally in calls
- Writing and maintaining documentation
BEING A FRONT END DEVELOPER REQUIRES:
- An eagerness to learn and the ability to adapt, allowing you to teach others. You are curious and a lifelong learner.
- Self-driven work ethic. You are a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Remote work experience. You have experience communicating asynchronously, using tools such as Slack.
- Knowledge of the commercebuild platform. You will need to learn aspects of our platform to implement customizations and changes.
- Use of git to track changes
- A firm understanding of browser developer tools and CLI tools to reproduce HTTP requests and responses, particularly for escalations to our development team.
- Excellent writing and communication skills. You are fluent and eloquent in written English.
We are looking to fill a full time shift, 40 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your résumé/CV and cover letter to careers[@]commercebuild.com.
We may invite applicants to complete a limited-time paid trial/project as part of the hiring process. A trial/project is a shared opportunity for our team and the applicant to get experience working together to see if we’re the right fit.
Wherever you live, whatever your interests, wherever you’re from — if you have the skills to develop amazing front end experiences for our customers, we want to hear from you!