Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10) AST (UTC -4)
What You'll Do
- Co-develop web applications on a tech stack that includes Vue, Mapbox, and MongoDB running on Heroku
- Co-develop web-based geospatial data visualizations
- Work both collaboratively and independently within an Agile methodology
- Communicate your work and technical concepts to the larger Spherical team
What You Need
- Professional experience as a developer on a Vue or React project
- General experience with both front-end and back-end development
- Experience with Vue 3 and Vuex/Pinia preferred
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively
- Portfolio of cartographic and data visualization projects is a plus
- Please link to your GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket account or portfolio when applying
Spherical is a strategic design and integrative research studio supporting projects regenerating the health and integrity of Earth’s living systems.
About the Project
Spherical is building a field kit of open-source tools to support community- driven climate resilience in Los Angeles. Co-designed with community organizers, climate scientists, policymakers, and infrastructure developers, these tools support collaborative dreaming into visions of equitable futures. The field kit includes interactive media for exploring cascading benefits of whole-systems approaches, community mapping and storytelling tools, and a game for sketching scenarios. This unique assemblage of domains and media calls for a diverse team of creative collaborators. We encourage women and people of color to apply.