Engineering Team Lead, Payments
Who we are:
Glofox is on a mission to revolutionize the fitness industry. We are doubling in size every year, and along with our ever-growing client base that spans 48 distinct countries, our team is dedicated to taking group fitness to the next level.
We’re a hard-working, fun-loving, get-things-done type of team that is building a platform that saves time, increases retention and helps studio and gym owners become more successful.
At Glofox, we know how much grit it takes to start your own business and grow it into something that lasts. We roll our sleeves up, we act fast, and we learn together. We’re looking for people that will do the same.
- Exciting opportunity to partner with Glofox’s Engineering, Product, and Design Leaders to shape team direction & add value
- Lead and empower your team to design, build and maintain solutions which solve real problems for our customers
- Support & develop your team with their personal growth & career progression within Glofox
- Consistently work towards improving our team culture, practices, and effectiveness.
- Lead and contribute to engineering-wide initiatives
- Code! Write Predictable, Readable, Simple, and Flexible code
This role is hands on and our current technical stack is underpinned by:
- MySQL and MongoDB
You may be a good fit for this role if you
- Love solving real problems for our customers
- Know what good looks like on a high-performing team and how to get there
- Care about people and enjoy working with individuals to mentor and develop career
- Enjoy managing flow of value from concept to customer
- Care passionately about ensuring solutions delivered are of the highest quality
- Enjoy working with the latest tools and technologies and keep up to date with latest industry trends
- Have previous experience with Golang
And we’d be super impressed if you have:
- Previous experience working on a payments platform within a SAAS environment
- Some experience with front end frameworks such as Angular/React
- Startup mentality with Enterprise awareness, meaning you can manage competing priorities, ready to pivot/adjust tasks accordingly
- Experience contributing to the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor
- Community involvement with open source contributions
- The chance to work at a hyper-growth venture-backed start-up in an exciting industry remotely
- The opportunity to feel true purpose in your efforts by powering fitness entrepreneurs, making them successful and enabling them to improve the health of people on a global stage
- Competitive compensation with share options
- Laptop and equipment for remote working set up
- Any support you need to level up your skills - conferences, books, screencasts
- A half day on the second Friday of every month
- An annual selfcare day
- Free monthly Gym and fitness studio usage
- We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Glofox! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.