Engineering Manager - London
- 0 applicants (0%)
Time zones: GMT (UTC +0) CET (UTC +1) EET (UTC +2) AST (UTC -4) FKST (UTC -3)
About the job
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our London team.
With an expanding Software Development team in London, we are searching for a technical Engineering Manager to manage, support, coach and grow this team.
This position requires an influential and engaging manager with a strong track record in mentoring and developing high performing technical teams.
In this role you will be part of our management team, and will report directly to our Founder and CEO. With no Director of Engineering in place yet a super performer in this role could very quickly be promoted in the company.
About the company
Judge.me is a bootstrapped, profitable and fast growing Saas company. We have grown organically and consistently doubled annually with zero paid marketing, just by word of mouth.
We build our own products that customers love, and our Product Reviews app is Shopify’s number 1 ranked app with over 7000 five star app reviews.
Over 129K shops actively use our software in 140+ countries, who altogether fulfil over 35 million orders every month, which generates over 1 million verified buyer reviews per month.
Our team of 42 is international and well diversified, with offices located in London (HQ), Saigon, Lima and Casablanca.
- Provide a high level of technical expertise and support to your team of software developers
- Manage the performance of your team by defining accountabilities, establishing performance objectives
- Enthusiastic about mentoring and training developers, including providing feedback and guidance to ensure their skills and competence levels continue to improve
- Review code of your team to identify potential inefficient code
- Identify training and recruitment needs
- Assist in developing, testing, maintaining and improving systems
- Participate in product planning management discussions for better understanding of the company's products and vision
- User oriented when delivering features and developer oriented when delivering code
- Self-managed and able deliver results without hand holding
- 4+ years experience in software development.
- 2+ years experience managing developers in a fast paced environment
- Great leadership skills for managing teams including career development, performance management and retaining talent in our technical team
- Proven architectural skills and experience with leading design sessions and code reviews
- You enjoy a mix of managing and engineering, and want to be involved in both
- Good problem solving skills with understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with our tech stack:
- Ruby, Rails, Sidekiq
- PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- AWS services, e.g. EC2, EB, ES, S3
- Security and performance awareness
- Familiarity with coding standards and best practices
- Self-management and self-motivation
- Great English, both verbal (meetings, social) and written (Slack, GitHub)
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with production troubleshooting, monitoring system, managing production infrastructure
- Experience with Linux, command line, scripting (Bash, Python)
- Familiarity with more tech stack:
- MongoDB, Redis
- AWS services, e.g. EC2, EB, ES, S3
- NodeJS, PHP, Python, Bash
- Git, GitHub, GitHub flow
- NewRelic, Kibana, Cloudwatch
- CircleCI, GitHub Action
- Familiarity with cutting-edge technologies, big data, or artificial intelligence algorithms
- Have an investment mentality, and want to build for the long term
Why it is awesome to work with us
- We are a bootstrapped, profitable and growing SaaS company. We build our own products that customers love.
- Our team is small and growing steadily, your work will have significant impacts and be appreciated by customers and team members.
- We are diversified and international, with team members from all around the globe.
- Flexible work hours - within reason. No overtime. No dress code, wear whatever you want (but wear something of course).
- Open work environment. Ideas and feedback are encouraged and appreciated. Criticism is blameless and constructive. We want ourselves to improve after all.
- Healthy codebase and architecture. Few WTF moments when onboarding.
- Thorough and constructive code review. We will push ourselves toward and learn to write better code together.
Challenging yet interesting problems we are trying to solve
- Business: We deliver real business results to ecommerce businesses of all sizes, with our super affordable tool delivering great ROI to customers by improving trust, generating reviews which improve conversion rates on product pages, and generating follow-up sales directly.
- Performance: at our scale with tens of millions of requests a day, albeit not as much as Google's or Facebook's, a simple change can make considerable impacts.
- Reliability: We serve over 120K shops, generate over 1 million verified buyer reviews monthly, in virtually all of the timezones, 24/7, all year around, with zero windows for a break.
- Security: To verify the authenticity of reviews, we access to orders with billions of USD in value every month. With great data, comes great security responsibility.
- Flexible leave days. 2.5 leave days per month (including official holidays)
- Health insurance with great benefits
- EMI options at a very good strike price pre-approved by HMRC
Salary range: 60-100k GBP
Location: Old Street, London
Schedule: Monday-Friday. Hybrid working. We meet in the office 2 days a week (currently Monday and Thursday), we work from home the other 3 days.
How to apply
We strongly prefer candidates that send along a cover letter with some information about why you are interested in this position. Please also include your LinkedIn profile URL, if you have existing rights to work in the UK and/or if you will need assistance with visa sponsorship or relocation.
To apply or if you have additional questions, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.