- North America
Fullscript’s purpose — helping people get better — is core to everything we do. We’ve created a virtual dispensing solution that supports practitioners as they support millions of patients across North America with the industry’s best supplements. That said, our purpose extends well beyond our platform. Helping people get better is at the core of our business decisions and how we treat our #fullscriptfam.
By joining us, you stand with our purpose. You are an independent thinker, who likes to leave things better than you found them. You do things not because they are easy but because they are right. Ready to make an impact?
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to help manage and scale up the processes, culture, and careers of everyone on our team. You’ll be integral in fostering an environment where people can grow professionally and do their best work.
We care deeply about our developer culture - you can read more about it here: https://bitly.com/fullscript-loves-developers. We care deeply about psychological safety for our teams. The initiatives we lead are all about creating high team engagement. We do that by ensuring our engineers feel that they are on purpose, that they have the autonomy to choose their tasks, the opportunity to learn from the best and become better at their craft.
If you share our values, we’d be excited to talk with you!
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of 15-20 developers across multiple disciplines
- Actively coaching and mentoring developers to help them achieve career goals
- Perform regular one-on-ones and bi-annual performance reviews with team members
- Improve our development processes to keep the team happy and productive
- Facilitate project kickoffs, task breakdown and retrospective sessions
- Foster a healthy developer culture, and coordinating team events (this includes organizing team building events / engineering-wide social events and giving engineering-wide talks)
- Work with our recruitment team to build an incredible development team
What you bring to the table:
- 7+ years of experience in software development, and 3+ years in a technical management role
- Experience scaling a development team and processes
- You’re an effective communicator that cares deeply about people & team dynamics
- A passion for creating and mentoring engineering teams; you enjoy watching engineers learn and thrive in their careers.
- You believe in, and understand the importance of our team culture
- Well versed at interviewing candidates for fit within a team
- Experience working in a startup
- You have led a team larger than 20+ developers
- Experience facilitating retrospectives
Our team handles a lot of sensitive health information, which means candidates that receive and accept employment offers must undergo a background check.
What we can offer you:
- Generous PTO and competitive pay
- Fullscript’s RRSP match program for financial health
- Flexible benefits package and workplace wellness program
- Training budget and company-wide learning initiatives
- Discount on Fullscript catalog of products
- Ability to work Wherever You Work Well*
*Our Wherever You Work Well philosophy means Fullscript teammates get to pick their own office — whether that’s in-office, at home, or a bit of both. We also believe pups make life better, which also means some of our physical locations are dog-friendly.
Fullscript is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to work with talented people, period. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.