Engineering Manager, Campaigns
- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Title: Engineering Manager, Campaigns
Location:Remote – United States
Iterable is the most powerful customer communication platform that enables brands like Doordash, Calm, Fender and Zoopla to deliver joyful experiences with harmonized, individualized and dynamic communications at scale. Iterable’s data engine, ease of use, and flexible and open architecture makes it the best platform to close the data activation gap by bringing together customer data, ability to design the experiences, deliver them and optimize them. All in one platform. We’ve surpassed $100M in ARR and have raised more than $340M from top-tier investors like Index Ventures, Viking, and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Priceline, Dotdash meredith, and Care.com rely on us to captivate their many millions of users. Over 1,100 brands and businesses around the world leverage Iterable to activate their customers with joy.
Iterable helps brands unlock growth in the digital era by enabling joyful customer experiences with individualized communications based real-time behavioral data, harmonized cross-channel communications based on customer lifecycle, and dynamic always-on journeys that adapt to customer signals. Our powerful customer communication platform helps marketers manage end-to-end customer engagement programs with enterprise grade security, compliance and controls for their customers.
Iterable’s momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work – SF for the past five years, recognized as one of Inc’s Best Workplaces and Fastest Growing Companies, and we were recognized on Forbes’ list of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2022. Notably, Iterable has also been listed on Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List and have held a top 10 ranking on the Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work.
We have a global presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, Denver, and London, and recently expanded our operations to Australia and New Zealand. Iterable’s reach extends worldwide, and we have remote employees across the globe. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values – Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, and learn more about our mission, explore our Culture and About Us page.
How you will make an impact:
As an Engineering Manager, Campaigns at Iterable, you’ll report to the Director, Engineering and get to lead the team that develops Iterable’s main product. Our software handles terabytes of data daily and we have invested in making our systems efficient. As a leader in the Product Engineering team at Iterable, you’ll grow and help the team improve and achieve enterprise-grade components. We believe in a friendly engineering culture. Here’s more information on our engineering values, and interviewing process.
This role is for you if you love leading engineering teams and delivering winning products. You have hands-on technical expertise in building systems technologies for large-scale data. You are first a leader, then a manager, and an engineer. You are motivated by solving challenging problems with simple solutions and feel satisfaction from helping others. Your leadership style translates to impressive results and attracts like-minded people.
One of our core values is a growth mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please do apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
How you will make a difference:
- Build and motivate our growing engineering team in a remote -friendly environment
- Establish the necessary processes to achieve the best possible product
- Manage complex technical projects
- Achieve enterprise-ready features by leading projects ranging from seed initiatives to customer-focused enhancements
- Coach, mentor, and provide real-time, meaningful, sensitive, and constructive feedback to direct reports
- Grow the team and align project assignments with career development goals and company vision
- Work with engineering leaders to set technical direction
- Set team-level and engineering best practices around product
We are looking for people who have:
- Experience in the software industry, including time as an individual contributor
- Prior experience as a Manager leading a team of engineers
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and short-release cycles
- Experience with teams that work on large-scale web or mobile applications
- Desire to work with the following technologies: Java/Scala and the Play Framework, AWS, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Redis, Postgres and Apache Pulsar
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself, and the team around you
- Ability to manage team conflict when it arises
- Desire to build engineering teams
- Industry experience building and delivering enterprise-grade software for large-scale data.
- Technical expertise in data modeling, distributed systems technologies, and cloud deployment (provisioning, multi-tenancy, frameworks and tools for system monitoring, and logging.)
- Experience building an enterprise SaaS product
- Experience in the email marketing or marketing automation industries
- Open-source software contributions
- Thought through conference talks, blog posts, and other events
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Monthly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
For candidates in Tier 1 cities, the base salary range for this position is $180,000 to $270,000.
For candidates in Tier 2 cities, the base salary range for this position is $158,500 to $237,500.
For candidates in Tier 3 cities, the base salary range for this position is $145,500 to $218,500.
Within the range, individual pay is determined based on factors including job- related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and internal equity considerations. While we use our full salary ranges, we only consider offering a salary near the top of the range in situations where the candidate far exceeds the experience level and skills required for the role.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only. The total compensation package includes variable pay (where applicable), equity, plus a range of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and financial. In addition, we offer perks such as generous stipends for health & fitness and learning & development, among others.
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.