As an engineering manager at Seez, your primary responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at Seez. As a lead for strong engineers, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. You will also have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution, all with close collaboration with other leaders in the organisation.
This Engineering Manager position will work with multiple product teams. The teams are building various products including our car dealership digital sales platform and also the Seez Marketplace for new & used vehicles. You will be the main conduit between the engineering team and the rest of the business.
What you’ll do
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Work with Product Owners to turn their business requirements into technical ones
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the tribe leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
- Participate in stakeholder meetings and act as a liaison between stakeholders and the technical team
Who you are
- You love developing and growing people and have a track record of doing that
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers
- You can build happy teams that deliver high-quality software on time
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
- You have experience working in a Product-company, designing and delivering world-class products to external and internal customers
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- You have a deep understanding of application deployment and CI/CD principles
- You have experience managing stakeholders and their expectation
- You have experience with the definition of minimum marketable features and minimum viable products
- You are knowledgeable how to define a product’s roadmap
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our team members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region. Please note, excellent English communication skills is essential for this role.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and Gulf Standard time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Work from home or a nearby co-working space, the choice is yours.
Perks of being with Seez
- Work anywhere within the EMEA region (UTC - UTC+4)
- Unlimited Paid Vacation
- Wellness counsellor
- Competitive salary
- Be a part of a fun community
- Heavy start-up culture in a stable organization
- Paid coworking space (if remote) or office
- Strong peers to learn from
- Opportunity to learn and grow with trust and responsibilities