Director, Software Engineering
- USA Only
US Locations Only; 100% Remote
Who is eXp?
Doing the audacious is part of eXp Realty’s DNA. We are a company that rewards creative minds who can offer bold solutions, where opinions matter, anything is possible and the outcome can be revolutionary. As a global full-service real estate brokerage utilizing a 3-D, fully immersive, cloud office environment, offering 24/7 access to collaborative tools & training, eXp has broken the traditional mold of real estate. We are doing big things. Come join us!
What makes eXp’s Technology team great?
eXp Realty is the first of its kind: A global brokerage in the cloud. That means eXp’s technology is just as important as the business of real estate! eXp develops and uses the latest and greatest cloud technology and engineering frameworks to build and deploy enterprise-class products for its agents worldwide. Come be part of the innovation!
Are you passionate about tackling the most complex technical and business challenges at scale?
We’re looking for someone who, in a dynamic and maturing organization, will be responsible for ensuring our business partners, agents we support, and the technology we drive are positioned for success as eXp continues to rapidly and sustainably grow.
If this describes you, let’s discuss how to leverage your experience and skills here at eXp!
What you will do:
This Engineering Director is a brand new role at eXp Realty. This position will have a focus on the Financial business units that the Engineering department supports. For these specific BUs, the Engineering department is mandated with building, sustaining, and integrating an application portfolio that ensures our Agents are paid accurately and on time, 24x7x365, through various streams of revenue that eXp offers to our Agents.
**The following key areas are where this role with spend a significant
portion of their time, energy, and expertise:**
- Application/Technology Portfolio
- Ensure the applications that the Engineering team supports, develops, and maintains are continued to be positioned and sustained for tremendous growth in the coming years. This includes internally built and 3rd party applications.
- Focus on understanding and applying existing, new and emerging technologies to transform and optimize business and operating models.
- Strategic Relationships
- Foster and care for relationships with key business stakeholders from across the organization, ranging from the VP of Transaction Processing, Accounting Director; all the way up to eXp’s Chief Accounting Officer and the President of Operations.
- Understand and empathize with their needs and requests on a deep level and instill that mindset in the various Engineering teams you lead.
- Coordinate with stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- External Integrations and Relationships
- Maintain strong relationships with external software vendors.
- Guide and direct integrations and methodologies with vendors by bringing to bear your deep level of experience and expertise in software integrations and data exchanges.
- Instilling an integrations first mindset into the teams you lead
- Strategy and Leadership
- This role will have a focus around mid to long term software and personnel strategy; ensuring eXp has the right tools, software, and people in place to grow and sustain this area of the organization.
- Continue to develop and hire a strong, disciplined team that is highly esteemed for outstanding and stellar performance, quality, expertise, and predictability
- Assist in preparing and managing the engineering department’s budget and operating team within those definitions
- Lead or participate in the enterprise governance, compliance and security activities (architectural reviews, technology sourcing, data governance) to ensure technology solutions are consistent with the architecture vision.
- Facilitate enterprise strategy development, opportunity identification, business cases, technology adoption opportunities, operating model development, and innovation opportunities.
We are looking for someone…
- Who is trusted and respected as a thought leader and who can influence and persuade business and IT leaders.
- Who possesses strong leadership abilities and a strategic mindset
- Who is comfortable, experienced and accomplished at working with business executives, and able to negotiate in a professional and diplomatic way.
- Who has deep understanding and experience working with complex financial and revenue models
- Who insists on understanding the “why”, driving innovation into everything they do and has a passion for instilling that mindset in those they lead
- Who is passionate about turning complex, enterprise level problems into opportunities for strategic solutions
- Who demonstrates a high level of accountability
- Whose positive energy and can-do attitude challenges those around them
- Who loves to take the initiative, actively exploring the boundaries of their responsibilities
What you’ve done…
- Proven experience as a director of engineering or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department
- Proven experience in complex application architecture that spans across diverse and equally complex business units
- Strong organizational and process management skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Agile development practices (Scrum, Kanban)
Bonus points for…
- Familiarity with Mendix or other low code platforms/tools
- Knowledge and experience with Kafka (or other pub-sub models)
- Serverless architecture (e.g. AWS Lambda)
- AWS certifications
- Microservice architecture
- Real Estate industry experience
- Experience with internationally-deployed applications
eXp Realty is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
: US Locations Only