- USA Only
HubSpot Developer (Remote)
The HubSpot Developer is a web development position responsible for both large website redesign projects as well as smaller initiatives both internal and for client contracts. This role has client-facing responsibilities including but not limited to: technical consulting of web development capabilities, web development in various platforms and frameworks, cross-platform web development testing, email development, client training.
- Responsible for the success of SmartBug’s website projects for our clients as well as internal web development initiatives.
- Loading and styling templates into the HubSpot ecosystem and restyling them to match website’s branding
- Responsible for collaborating and working with designers, UX specialists, project managers, QA specialists, and marketing consultants to ensure the delivery of high-end web products to our clients.
- Projects will mostly be built on the HubSpot COS, but other CMS or content management and marketing automation platforms such as WordPress, Shopify, Marketo, Pardot or others may be used to build websites.
- Involvement in website redesign project phases including requirements gathering, wireframes, creating copy decks, design, development, internal testing, user testing, launch, and post-launch support.
- Each phase has built in processes that require iterative improvements to help with the overall goals of rocking the customer experience as well as keeping projects profitable.
- Utilize strong attention-to-detail to create quality code based on internal web development standards.
- Give realistic estimates of work and deliver on those timelines.
- Learn Inbound Marketing principles in order to help facilitate our client’s marketing goals and KPIs.
- Engage in self-learning activities to improve technical skills.
- Proactively identifies, troubleshoots, and addresses issues as they arise.
- Responsible for the improvement and maintenance of web development processes by proactively gathering input from internal and external stakeholders and providing feedback and suggestions to management.
- Improve HubSpot knowledge by attending training and certification programs.
- Maintain the drive to be passionate about delivering a customer experience that exceeds expectations.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship is required
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field strongly preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience developing in HubSpot is required, experience across multiple CMS systems preferred
- Basic working knowledge of backend programming logic in order to work with languages such as PHP on WordPress sites or other CMS.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with PHP and WordPress
- Working knowledge of version control systems such as Git and SQL database basic is required to deliver quality products to our clients.
- Strong understanding of HubSpot both from a general user standpoint, as well as from a development perspective whether using the Visual Builder or coded templates.
- Ability to create application assets (images, etc.) from PSDs using Adobe Photoshop or Sketch while maintaining the full integrity of the original design
- Understanding of an experience implementing SEO a plus
- Experience with animation/motion graphics a plus
- Experience building APIs a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication and the ability to communicate challenges to project management and business leaders
- Experience using project management and bug tracking tools
- Phone Screen
- Video interview with Director of Web Development
- Coding test
- Reference checking
- Final video interview with SmartBug’s COO