Build / Release Engineer
Percona is looking for an efficient Build & Release engineer to help us deliver stable and reliable software to our users.
In this role, you will support our distributed engineering team by maintaining and improving the tools and processes involved in building our database software distributions. This includes tasks such as updating and creating new software packages, performing software distribution releases for various platforms, as well as improving and scaling our build processes and infrastructure.
You will work from your home office, using online tools and resources to contribute to a quality build & release environment for Percona and our users and customers.
What You Will Do
- Create and maintain packages for RPM-based Linux operating systems (yum/dnf) as well as DEB-based systems (apt)
- Assist with internal and external build/packaging/release related projects
- Assist clients with implementing various items relating to their build environment
- Monitor, log, analyze, and fix packaging related bugs
- Further automate and improve the existing build processes/tasks and packaging testing setup
- Resolve issues with internal repositories & implement new repositories as needed
- Integrate new components and 3rd party software into Percona distributions as needed
- Evaluate new build/packaging/release solutions as needed
- Assist with packaging setup/method review & overhaul
- Support and maintain our build infrastructure
- Previous exposure to a large-scale build/release environment or equivalent experience (for ex., a development, DevOps or a DBA role, preferably with extensive database-related exposure)
- Experienced in Linux systems administration (file systems, hardware, and networking)
- Previous experience with make, cmake, cpack, yum & apt repositories
- Experienced in RPM/DEB package creation
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, TravisCI
- Proficiency in automating tasks, including shell scripting skills
- Experience with at least one virtualization tool like KVM VirtualBox or VMWare
- Proficiency with Docker and containerization
- Ansible and/or other DevOps platforms
- Experience with software testing methods and technologies
- Ability to speak, listen and write effectively in fluent English
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Proficient with MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL or other open source relational databases
- Amazon AWS EC2, Microsoft Azure, CloudFormation, Spot Instances
- Experience with Jenkins, GPG, JIRA, gdb, Golang
- Tertiary studies degree or certifications relevant to core skills
- System administration skills for other operating systems
- Having a track record of contributing to open source projects
- Proven success working in a distributed environment
- Experienced conference speaker, technical blog writer, activity on public forums or mailing lists
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have colleagues in more than 40 countries! We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.