- 5 applicants (12%)
Title: Backend Engineer
Hi! Before diving into the job details, let’s give you some context on who we are and what to expect when joining the team.
Typeform, launched in 2012 in Barcelona, drives more than 500 million digital interactions per year and integrates with hundreds of other business-critical tools. We’re expanding from a small Barcelona-based business to a truly international and remote company. We’re hiring talent across Spain, the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Colombia, France, Ireland, the Netherlands and Portugal. Be aware, the location is to be subjected to change, depending on the role.
Our vision is a world of more personal business relationships. Through our no- code Saas platform, we believe we can create that world by living our mission: To bring people closer with better conversations. We turn digital interactions into human connections, by offering people-friendly forms, quizzes, surveys, and asynchronous video solutions.
To do so, we look for people who are curious, ready to own their objectives, and passionate about taking organisations to their next chapter. But we are aware it’s not for everyone, our environment is perfect for those willing to become a change agent and roll up their sleeves to build our rocket ship.
About the Team
The position is focused on enhancing the Creator and Respondent Experience within the Insights pillar of the Technology division.
About the Role
As a Backend Engineer at Typeform, the individual will contribute code to microservices written in GoLang, utilizing HTTP calls for inter-process communications (IPC) and Kafka or SNS/SQS as middleware.
Things you will do:
- Contributing code to projects that require backend work (in Golang)
- Maintain existing code-bases
- Improve existing code-bases to be more scalable and reliable
- Reacting to monitoring alerts and triaging accordingly to resolve issues (even after hours)
- Proposing solutions to code or architectural problems in a high-traffic environment
- Doing Root-Cause-Analysis (RCA) exercises and leading/contributing to postmortems for incidents.
- Being part of an on-call rota to react to any alerts our monitoring system raises during and outside office hours.
What you already bring to the table:
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience working with AWS services or another cloud provider
- University degree in a related field
- 2+ years of experience in a high-traffic distributed architecture
- Experience writing architectural documentation
- Experience being on-call, debugging outages and running postmortems
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience using Kafka
- Experience using GoLang
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Experience using Terraform
- Experience using ElasticSearch
- Experience with docker
- Experience working in a remote company or a startup.
*Typeform drives hundreds of millions of interactions per year, powering conversational, human-led experiences all over the world. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind, regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We believe that by celebrating our differences, we can win together.