- 8 applicants (10%)
Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland
Are you ready to build the future of work & finance? Join symmetrical.ai and be a part of the revolution!
Who we are
Symmetrical.ai is the first payroll solution you won’t hate. What does this mean?
We are a group of 80+ people who are making your payroll invisible. Our AI- based technology bundled with our team, the human face of payroll, lets us make your payroll run in the background of your daily operations. We simplify the way you hire and pay people and deliver a flexible, fast and easy payroll- related solution that works the same way across multiple geographies.
What we do
We help fast-paced companies to onboard at scale and run payroll invisibly. Instead of complicated processes and Excel spreadsheets, we make payroll and onboarding simple. We answer the problems that flexible workforce/gig companies face today:
- Help with growing the volume of employees
- Reduce your onboarding churn
- Speed up the onboarding process
- Provide, error-free, automated payroll data, ready to payout (weekly and monthly)
We’re looking for talented individuals to join our Back-end team to leverage the latest developments in API design, cloud, distributed systems architecture, modern frameworks and technologies to help deliver our strategy. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to global start-up culture and develop skills through close collaboration with people across the whole company. This role is ideally suited for an Engineer who effectively delivers and collaborates with frontend and backend teams and business stakeholders. Join, if you are self-igniting, motivated to innovate, deliver quality code and know how to improve processes on the Backend.
What you will do
As a backend engineer, you will own the technical side of Backend projects, especially around requirements analysis, innovative architecture and API design, services implementation, tests development and deployment. You will:
- Work in an experienced and knowledgeable team, in an Agile environment
- Implement and maintain Backend technology stack by producing clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Generate ideas, make design documents for architecture and software changes or implementation of features
- Implement tests and build testing capabilities
- Integrate software components
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Collaborate with backend and frontend teams
- Work with and help improve CI/CD processes
- Act independently and be a clear voice in backend design
- Contribute by asking, learning, helping, growing
You will have a chance to work with these technologies:
- Java Spring boot
- Python, Django, Flask
- Allure, Jenkins, Travis
- REST, Pub/Sub, Websockets
- ELK, Sentry
- SQL, NoSQL
- Docker, helm, K8s
- AWS cloud
You’ll set yourself apart if you possess:
A few years of experience in designing and developing software to answer business needs, including:
- Use of Java spring boot, Python, testing frameworks, version control
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures, OOP, design patterns
- Ability to produce high quality code, also when deadlines are tight
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Exceptional analytical skills, ability to apply the principles of computer science and engineering to the design and development of computer systems including distributed ones
- Knowledge of NoSQL and relational databases
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Understanding devops and software reliability principles
- A passion around your job and enjoying having an impact on what you do
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude, attention to detail
- A desire to ask probing questions and to learn from others
- A positive attitude, high integrity, low ego
- Eager to roll up your sleeves and be proactive
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Work From Anywhere
While we originate from Poland, we are a remote-first, globally distributed company with team members located in 2 different continents. You have the freedom to choose where to work, and we will support you in making it a great experience.
For those who prefer office work, we have a voluntary option to relocate to Poland, and we will help you with your visa.
Our values at Symmetrical represent our diverse team’s core beliefs. Those are the guiding principles that help us collaborate in order to achieve common goals. They don’t just exist – they keep us going and are an integral part of the Symmetrical modus operandi. They support our vision and outline who we are. We incorporate them in every aspect of our workplace.
We are a perfect match, if you, like us, believe in: –
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation plan;
- Freedom to choose the type of employment agreement that you will sign with us – B2B, UoP, UZ or anything else you like;
- Flexible working environment: remote-first processes for ultimate flexibility and ability, flexible working hours and an option to work 100% remotely, if you like;
- Freedom to choose the location that you will work from, our offices in London, Warsaw and Toru are open and you are more than welcome to work from there, but you can work from literally anywhere in the world, in the time that suits you most;
- Generous Paid Time Off package: 30 days;
- Workspace fit for you: up to PLN 2 000 / € 500 of extra funds to improve your home office set-up;
- A computer of your choice and all necessary tools that you need to work with;
- Training budget: up to PLN 10 000 / € 2300 per annum as we want you to grow with us;
- Subsidy to glasses of 500 PLN / € 100
- Employee Shareholding Program – become the co-owner of your company
- Private Medical Healthcare (Compensa Gold)
- Sabbatical – 4 weeks after 3 years of working with us
- Paternity leave – 5 days
- Do you want to improve your English language skills or perhaps learn how to speak Polish? That’s great, and we will pay for it!
- Employee Referral Program: you will be rewarded with PLN 5 000 / € 1000 if your referral gets hired;
All this start-up work culture, i.e. the lack of a rigid, corporate flair, flat organisational structure, relaxed atmosphere, young and dynamic team (wink, wink) and the possibility of creating a truly revolutionary technological solution that globally changes the dimension of how the employer pays his employees 🙂
What about our recruitment process?
We can assure you that the recruitment process will be fast and smooth, we will also make sure that you will have the best Candidate Experience possible, and join us hassle-free!
From your side: attach CV
From our side:
- stage 1: Initial Phone Screen with our Recruiter – approx. 30 min.
- stage 2: technical interview with the Hiring manager- approx. 1,5 hour
- stage 3: short final interview (Culture Fit) with the Founder – approx. 40 min
- stage 4: Offer Letter 🙂
Let’s make it happen!
- Making things happen
- Team work
- Positive Attitude