Back End Engineer | Go and Node.js
Oscatel is hiring a remote back-end engineer - working with Go and Node.js - to design and implement application layer solutions for a range of projects that underpin mobile telco carriers.
We're building modular scalable solutions around operations and service management for some of Europe's largest and most innovative carriers, all of which we will help you get to grips with.
The domain entails data-intensive services where security, data integrity and uptime are key. This presents lots of interesting design and coding challenges as we build and integrate our technology. We're utilising established IP-based protocols and frameworks, working with the standard Go libraries and Node.js.
You can anticipate a mix of well-defined mainly greenfield projects, along with substantial exploratory work as we validate concepts and build new solutions, maturing these into customisable long-term products.
We offer a culture where you may work under your own initiative as part of a collaborative effort towards common goals. It's an opportunity to be a formative team member, and to grow and improve together.
A flavour of upcoming projects
- High throughput transaction systems
- Data management methods, analytics and alerting tools
- QoS and fraud monitoring solutions
- SS7 Signalling services and firewall
- Product modules - analytics & metrics, financial reporting & billing, message routing
- Helping promote sustainable development culture, methods and automation
We're looking for
- Someone with solid coding and solution design skills, accrued in a modern application back-end context
- Production coding experience with Go, or good familiarity with Go in addition to another statically typed or back-end language that you've applied in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with Node.js, TypeScript or JS
- A service oriented architecture based approach, with strong API design and SQL skills
- An ability to get to grips with complex requirements, to uphold security of sensitive data and to conform to best practices
- A shared belief in writing code that's efficient, well-tested, documented and maintainable
Current ecosystem - we'll welcome your influence
Go | Node.js, TypeScript, React | gRPC | GraphQL | Elasticsearch | RabbitMQ | Kubernetes | Docker | AWS | Linux | Terraform | CircleCI | Atlassian stack | Github | Slack
Salary and benefits
- £55,000 - £70,000+ we're keeping an open mind
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and a day for your birthday
- Flexible working - tell us what you need - e.g. four day week
- Personal development plan that you can shape, with budget for related training/certifications
- Workstation and remote working equipment