- Europe Only
- 2 applicants (9%)
Time zones: GMT (UTC +0)
The role We’re looking for an experienced Back-end Developer to join our tech team at Browser, someone that has the skills to work on a variety of projects for clients in different industries. We’re looking for someone passionate about digital products and projects and code – with a willingness to learn, teach and build quality solutions.
They will ensure that we deliver scalable and structured codebases that meet the client’s requirements within each and every digital product that we ship.
As well as delivering innovative digital products with the engineering team, the role also assumes a range of wider leadership responsibilities. These will include tasks such as helping the management team evaluate future business risks and opportunities, leading technology-focused research projects and giving and receiving constructive feedback to motivate and inspire the wider team.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Takes pride in the work you do and everything you get involved with
- Has deep experience (5+ years) in software engineering (NodeJS ideally)
- Experience building greenfield applications with complex API integrations, database architecture and state requirements.
- Experience mentoring other developers, advocating for well-structured code, and explaining clearly the benefits of these structures.
- Can create a positive work environment
- Strive to experiment, learn and not fear failure
- Embrace new ideas and change
- Strive to understand customers’ problems and solve them
- Possess a healthy amount of curiosity for the unknown with a growth mindset
- Take ownership of your work and deliver results
- Has a strong understanding of NodeJS and TypeScript, and an ability to explain and advocate for the best features of the language.
We’re a sociable bunch, and we enjoy each other’s company. So it’s important that you’re a great fit for our company culture.
The winning candidate will be able to:
- Work with difficult requirements and technical challenges.
- Adapt, understanding that as an agency we want stable solutions but also an innovative mindset – the right tool/tech for the right job.
- Help clients by distilling their wants into sensibly sized deliverables.
- Communicate effectively with the team, both technically and non-technically minded folk.
- Estimate well!
- Build complex multi-domain features with the best technologies, you also know how to best deploy and maintain them
- Ideally, you also have an understanding of DevOps (cloud, monitoring, infrastructure as code).
- Solve problems and enjoy it!
- Take on challenges and leverage best-of-breed technologies
- Raise high development standards, especially for code quality, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment.
- Enjoy taking leadership duties and building teams
Tech stack We, and our clients, have focused and specific digital projects and product briefs – some want us to look after their entire digital estate, and some are just looking to release their first digital product or app. This means our tech stacks have varied.
Our preferred stack, some of which we are using now, and some we are looking for the winning candidate to help us set up and build upon is:
React on the front-end (React Native for mobile) using TypeScript and on the back-end we’d like to utilise Node.js. Historically we do have some PHP and Go projects. AWS is our cloud provider of choice, and Git is how we version control our code. You should be very experienced with these and know how to keep up to date with what the current best practices are in the industry.
- 24 days holiday plus an additional 1 day per year of service beyond the second year
- Flexible working, we run a hybrid team
- If you would like a change of scene from your regular office and want to work from our other HQ then we will pay for your flight
- An annual personal development budget of £1,000
- Your carbon footprint offset through our partnership with Ecologi
- Company-wide bonuses for meeting annual targets
- Bi-monthly show-and-tell events for industry awareness
- MacBook with admin rights and the software you need
- And our summertime party
Remuneration Depending on experience the salary for this role is between £57,500 and £72,500 per annum, which will be reviewed annually in line with performance.