Join one of our teams with your expertise as a Back-end Developer
At the moment we have 1 development team and we would like to expand this with another 3 teams in 2022. Let’s Get Digital is a scale-up situated in the city of Groningen. Due to continuous growth and ambitious goals we are looking for you! You are the new Back-end talent for our current team. For us it is important to know where your ambitions lie, what your expertise is and most important of all we want to get to know you on a personal level. This will help our process and together we will find the right team for you!
At the moment we have 1 (core) development team and we would like to expand this with another 3 teams in the next year:
Team Application development
In this team we will work on expanding and improving our current app. In the near future, you will also be involved in creating our new app(s).
In this team we will work on making integrations between software used by our clients and our own digital platform, for example Hubspot and other CRM systems.
This team will be known as the ‘creatives’. This team will create the WOW factor for our clients when using our platform. It’s about brainstormen new features, but also translating those ideas into reality.
We as Let’s Get Digital want to help you grow as a Back-end professional. We want to contribute to your career by giving you input in your own learning process. It is our intention to let you succeed and enjoy your work with us every day. Because we are a scale-up you are contributing in decision making, from the software we use (for example low code so you can focus on the more exciting parts of development) to the next feature or project we want to create. Within your own team, you are directly responsible for software that is used by more than 400.000 people all around the world. We do not work with old legacy software but continue to innovate and we provide time to do so. All of the teams work according to Agile/Scrum continuous delivery.
What we expect from a Back-end Developer
- Converting the design of the front-end to a concrete technical solution (back-end)
- Testing and improving existing back-end applications
- The back-ender uses the following process in its work: preparing acceptance criteria for desired functionality, being able to convert these acceptance criteria into working code/design and then validating that completed work meets all acceptance criteria
As a Back-end developer, you make sure that you use your expertise and experience to continuously improve and expand the Let’s Get Digital platform. You are critical, accurate and tenacious. You are a team player and enjoy working with other departments. As a developer, you like to keep an eye on the latest gadgets and tools and you are looking for an environment where you can continuously develop. In addition, you are enthusiastic and committed and give your full commitment to working with the team to create the best code. You have a couple of years of work experience up your sleeve and are familiar with the work field.
Furthermore, you possess:
- Minimum MBO-4 degree completed in the field of Software Engineering;
- At least 2+ years of work experience;
- Experience with Agile/Scrum working;
- Excellent command of PHP/Laravel
- Experience with API & Firebase is an advantage;
- Experience with PropelORM and RabbitMQ is an advantage;
- Experience with Twig, Bootstrap, or other frameworks is an advantage;
- For team app development: Experience working with Java/Swift and React Native/ Vue Native/Ionic
- You speak (and write) English fluently, Dutch & German are really helpful
Office in Groningen
You work from the office in Groningen and the team is in contact with clients throughout the Netherlands and far beyond. Your team, therefore, includes international colleagues and the working language is English. The daily stand- up, lunch, delicious coffee and Friday afternoon drinks will help you feel at home. As a bonus, our four office dogs; Dollie and Zoë, Monty & Charlie can also be found in the corridors.
You will be part of an informal and innovative team, in which your contribution is of great value. Within this young SaaS company with a lot of growth ambition, you will get the space to contribute to commercial success! And in addition, we offer you:
- A fixed salary based on knowledge and experience;
- Every day a delicious lunch together with the team;
- A good pension plan!
- A lot of personal responsibility with space and budget for personal development.
- Vitality program, join our fun activities with your new colleagues and stay fit!
- Possibility to evaluate your performance every 3 months. When set goals are reached, you can get an increase in salary!
- Possibility to hire a cleaning service for your own home! (ask about terms and conditions if interested!)
- Most of all a fun work experience in an organization that strives for your Happiness!
We believe in the power of going digital. Let’s Get Digital facilitates events on an international scale with great success. We do this for events that can be hosted digitally, physically or in a hybrid format. We know from experience that these three approaches work for the events of our clients; therefore, we believe they will also work for our talented colleagues. Would this be perfect for you? Check the complete offer and requirements via the tab ‘Working Remotely’ on the website: https://letsgetdigital.recruitee.com/ .
Software to improve events
Let’s Get Digital is an online event platform where a virtual experience is created that feels like a physical event. The Let’s Get Digital platform is a SaaS product of which the demand and reputation has been growing exponentially since the launch in march of 2020. Since 2021 we are working with a young team of 50+ (and counting) creative and innovative employees. The principles that we work by are ‘work hard, play hard’ and we also want to have fun building and creating digital and hybrid events for all of our clients.
Are you suitable and interested? Do you meet the requirements in the profile? Then we look forward to receiving your application with an up-to-date CV and a specific motivation. In your motivational letter, it is useful to know which team you would like to apply for and why.
Applying can be done via the button ‘Apply for this job’. We look forward to meeting you!