AWS Amplify & React Software Engineer at LIFTE H2
- USA Only
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) GMT (UTC +0) CET (UTC +1)
At LIFTE H2, we are on a mission to decabornize the world using Hydrogen, starting with industries that emit the most CO2. If this is also appealing to you, we are currently looking for a AWS Amplify & React Engineer. Join LIFTE's rapidly growing international team and make a difference where climate meets tech.
The company is founded by Energy and Tech industry veterans with two global headquarters, one in Boston, US and the other in Berlin, Germany. We support remote work in US, DE, and UK while requiring in-office meetups a few times a year only as needed.
We offer very competitive pay, flexible working conditions , stock options, and other great benefits. We are looking for the best who share our passion in energy and climate technologies and want to innovate in the hardest-to-decarbonize sectors.
The Principal Software Engineer will be responsible for developing LIFTE’s digital solutions, including web & mobile applications built on React, React Native, and AWS Amplify’s full-stack serverless architecture. You will create software and IoT solutions to service users across the whole hydrogen infrastructure value chain around the globe. You will lead the applications team creating unique and original digital solutions with software and hardware that bring supply chain-wide impact, and fundamentally change how the hydrogen industry is growing to meet the world’s energy demand.
The Principal Software Engineer will be passionate, and customer obsessed, with a blend of business, technical, project and people management skills who will work with digital and physical equipment, technology providers, nationally recognized testing laboratories, codes and standards organizations, and LIFTE’s cross-functional teams to help develop and deliver robust state of the art applications for hydrogen solutions and supply chains.
The Principal Software Engineer will report to the Head of Digital Products & Services.
- You will be creating web & mobile applications in React & React Native using LIFTE’s design system and deploy full-stack applications on AWS using Amplify and serverless services (DynamoDB, Cognito, AppSync)
- You will develop and oversee a team of software engineers dedicated to full-stack development, and create your own plan on how you want to grow the team to meet the rapidly growing demand for hydrogen infrastructure
- You are responsible for the reliability, safety, robustness, and consistency of LIFTE’s applications for deployments to harsh environments and office workers alike
- You will set and own the software engineering team’s standards and templates for creating web & mobile applications in React and React Native
- You will work with LIFTE’s Technical Product Designer, Software Architect, and Head of Digital to ensure the right solutions are delivered to the right users at the right time
- You will be actively engaged in developing the product roadmap for all LIFTE’s product offerings
- You will use analytics (both pre- and post-product release) to make data-driven product and system design decisions
- Domestic travel at 15% with occasional 15% international travel required.
- Position is based in Boston, Massachusetts or Berlin, Germany
- Hybrid working model with one day in office per week
- US visa and green card sponsorship based on mutual agreement
Extremely Competitive Benefits Program
- Incentive Stock Options
- Performance-based company profit sharing bonuses
- 401K plan with company match
- Industry leading healthcare coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Generous time away, including 5 weeks paid vacation for all, regardless of seniority
- Sick Time
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- 6 Holidays plus 2 floating holidays
- Performance-based company profit sharing bonuses
- Stock options possible
- Betriebliche Altersvorsorge
- Travel, health, and accident insurance
- Competitive and environmentally friendly mobility options paid for by employer
- Family friendly policies
What Experience & Education is Required?
- For US: Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent engineering degree with a solid understanding of front-end and full-stack development required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience building software systems as a software engineer and at least 2 years of experience creating mobile or web applications using React or React Native.
- Must have 2+ years of experience working with AWS serverless services in production. Experience with AWS Amplify, AppSync, DynamoDB, Kinesis is greatly preferred.
- Prior experience with industrial sensors, wearable devices, vehicle interfaces, and wireless communication protocols preferred.
- Prior experience with design sprints and rapid prototyping required.
What Skills are Necessary for Success?
- Drive for efficiency
- Design thinking mindset
- Superior writing skills
- Bias for action and focus on results
- Ability to self-direct
What Qualities are We Looking for?
- Passion: your passion is incorporated in what you do and drives your progress.
- Servant leadership: constant focus on how your work can serve the needs of others.
- A focus on excellence: your work is error-free and complete.
- Good judgment: your recommendations are sound.
- High integrity: do the right thing, especially when no one is looking.
- Community builder: we like each other and want you to be a contributing member of the LIFTE community in whichever way you are uniquely designed. Diversity of thought and approach is important to us.