Associate Software Engineer
- USA Only
- 5 applicants (50%)
Title: Associate Software Engineer (US Remote)
Location: United States
About Our Team:
Love cars, data and technology? We do, too. Join our team and find a career, not just a job.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a development team in a position where you will enjoy diverse duties and project involvement, and be part of a highly stable, employee-centric organization.
About Our Candidate:
We are seeking to bring on a full-time talented senior software developer. We are an agile development team delivering high quality products on iOS, Android, and web with backend microservices orchestrated by Kubernetes on the AWS cloud.
The right candidate is someone who can be handed critical projects and help shape future processes and best practices. The purpose of this candidate is to play an integral role in a team responsible for the architecture, design, development, testing and delivery for our rapidly expanding business.
The Associate Product Engineer is responsible for participating in analysis and development efforts in cooperation with other members of the project team including other Sr. PAs, Programmer Analysts, Business Analysts, Project Leads, Project Managers, Architects, DBAs and Quality Assurance Analysts. The responsibilities include: analyzing, developing, maintaining, documenting, and unit testing software applications. This position will also be responsible for mentoring more junior staff and recommending detailed technical solutions to implement technical designs or in remediation of issues.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Develop high quality code to build solutions in an agile development environment.
- Participate in code reviews, planning and estimation meetings
- Test solutions and troubleshoot issues
- Engage in cross-discipline collaboration with team members including the product owners, designers, and testers
- Accepting full-time and remote candidates.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related technical field involving coding.
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience.
- Ability to speak in English fluently and communicate idiomatically.
- Constant desire to learn new technology and best practices, we work in various stacks and don t expect everyone to come in knowing everything. Some combination of the nice to haves would be great.
Nice to haves:
- Material Design, Bootstrap, Tailwind, Html/Css
- Service API development, Rest/Json, Soap
- Obj-c, Swift, Java, Golang
- MySql or MS SQL, relational and non-relational databases (NoSql)
- Automated Testing (Unit, Integration, Functional)
- Agile software delivery processes / DevOps
- Microservices Architecture, Serverless, Cloud functions
- AWS, GCP, or Azure Cloud environments