Staff Software Engineer - Mobile
- North America
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies, and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media and the broader Internet to verify identities in real- time. Customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale, Commerce, Work-Bench, Citi Ventures, Wells, Synchrony, MVB Bank, Santander InnoVentures and Two Sigma.
In our mission to become the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminate identity fraud from the internet, data is at the core of what we build - It’s how we innovate and how we offer the most accurate Identity Verification on the market. With the company growing very fast and our customer needs even faster, the only way for us to succeed in our mission is to significantly scale how we work with data and build our ML models. This is where you come in!
About the Role
Socure is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our mobile engineering team and help us build its next generation. Leveraging your expertise in the field, you will help build the tools, methods, and framework necessary to help us build best in class mobile experience for our customers.
You will report directly to the VP of Engineering and will be expected to work closely with product engineering and infrastructure teams as well as product management teams, using your authority to influence changes. This is a key strategic leadership position, and you will be responsible for defining the strategy and roadmap for the platform that will power all product development in the coming years.
What You’ll Do:
- Build partnerships with onshore and offshore teams for all relevant projects
- Working closely with the product teams that need mobile development to understand their pain points and needs, use this to help define the short and long term roadmap for the platform
- Providing strategic leadership, and direction to the Mobile Engineering team
- Assisting and directing the design and implementation of our mobile SDKs and applications
- Help define and promote mobile engineering best practices at the company, as well as build and deployment processes
- Helping define and maintain the highest quality of code through reusable libraries and frameworks
What You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience
- Experience working across both iOS and Android and at least one modern cross platform framework (React, Flutter)
- Experience building and maintaining production SDKs
- Extreme aptitude to automate operational workloads.
- Ability to develop operational knowledge to use any new technology or language as needed for the job
- A strong understanding of SDLC tools and processes, including source control, release control, change control, and automated build solutions
- Comfortable providing recommendations and identifying risks and mitigation plans
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and facilitate multiple projects at a time, including proven ability to use resources effectively and efficiently
- A customer-first mindset and ability to communicate complex technical concepts with individuals across varying levels and functions of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, while building and conveying compelling value propositions
- Comfortable working within Agile methodologies in a cross-functional, collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication, organization, and documentation skills
*Perks & Benefits:*
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
*A Message on COVID-19:*
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.