Staff iOS Engineer
Staff iOS Engineer
San Francisco, California
Remote, United States
As an Engineer on the Rider Core Team, you’ll contribute to building the core product experiences and infrastructure powering our flagship Uber app, which directly impacts millions of lives each day.
This is a unique opportunity for an engineer and strong collaborator who can work with talented people in product, design, data science, operations, and engineering to help build our next-generation consumer experience products. It’s a very high impact role where you will interface with all major product & platform teams at Uber, building out the core Checkout and Trip experiences.
What You’ll Do
- Design & Engineer our latest product solutions and platforms from inception through to delivery at Uber scale.
- Your ideas get to shape the direction and strategy in solving some of Uber’s hardest problems, you’ll have a key seat at the table in how we turn ideas into magical solutions for our customers.
- Work through multi-functional partners across Uber teams to drive consensus and ship your features.
- Collaborate and brainstorm with peers including Engineering, Product, Operations and Business partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong experience w/ either Obj-C and/or Swift
- Five (5) years of professional experience building in either mobile platform/sdk/dev tools, or mobile consumer facing features
- At least eight (8) years of software engineering experience
- Strong problem-solving and architectural design skills
- Previously worked on mobile apps that scale to millions of users.
- Proven experience working on consumer-facing products
- Proven experience with driving cross-team and multi-functional collaborations
For the last 11 years, Uber has disrupted the Mobility & Transportation industry, so much that “Uber” has become the verb used to describe ride- sharing products going from point A to point B on-demand. We’re the go-to product for on-demand ride sharing. However, Uber is not yet considered the go-to product for other transportation needs such as rentals, regularly scheduled travel, micro mobility or even daily commute. We are far from being the go-to product for transporting things. What product and tech do we need to build for Uber to be the go-to-app for all these transportation use cases?
“For Colorado-based applicants: Please refer to this role in our careers page for more details on your total compensation and benefits package. You can get there by clicking ‘apply’ if you’re not already on our careers site. #LI- Remote”
For Colorado-based roles: The salary/hourly rate range for this role is $219,000 per year – $243,000 per year. You will be eligible to participate in Uber’s bonus program, and may be offered an equity award, commissions, & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.