Senior Mobile Developer - iOS
- 6 applicants (29%)
Senior Mobile Developer – iOS
IT & Technology
Ebury is a hyper-growth FinTech firm, named in 2021 as one of the top FinTech’s to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi. We offer a range of products including FX risk management, trade finance, currency accounts, international payments and API integration.
This is a new role within the Ebury Technology Department focussing on Mobile Apps development. Working side by side with the tech leaders, you will take responsibility for the Mobile Apps development as part of the Channels ecosystem within the Department. You will drive efficiencies and best practices as Ebury grows and matures over the coming years.
- Experience with building native iOS apps that delight users (Swift Code).
- Previous professional experience in banks or financial companies (Security issues related to: FX, payments, connection security…)
- Experience writing applications in Flutter or react-Native would also be great.
- Knowledge of Node.js or python is a plus.
- Reviewing other people’s code and knowing when to suggest improvements
- Applying common architectural approaches eg: MVC MVP MVVM etc Referencing Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and collaborating with designers to build a native product experience Using a version control system such as Git Writing automated tests.
- You have a good appreciation of security.
- You have experience of working on scalable apps that see spikes in traffic / user sign-up
- You share your ideas and continuously improve yourself and the team around you
- Analysing and optimising UI and infrastructure application code for quality, efficiency, and performance is driven by data and application monitoring.
- Since you will work side by side with colleagues from different countries, you will be able to communicate clearly and concisely your ideas in English both written and spoken.
- We value experience with financial apps technologies.
- Quality is important to us, we expect your code to be testable and well covered with unit and integration tests. We use CI Jenkins pipelines for the deployment of services and infrastructure. From time to time, you might need to contribute to it.
- You will contribute to the development of a transactional banking platform, focusing on receiving and issuing payments in more than 140 currencies.
- Our platform is a single platform (20+ Services) with distinct channels for users to access our core functionality.
- Help in defining, communicating and driving the Mobile Apps within Ebury and its engineering teams.
- Implementation of solutions to ensure Ebury’s Mobile Apps Channel provides smooth and quick values to customers.
- Build and Run services in production. Using tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Sentry, Prometheus, ELK.. you and your team will be responsible for achieving Service Level Objectives for your code.
- Work with cross-functional product and technology teams across the company to build new features at large and multi-region scale.
- All of these run smoothly in Docker containers on AWS ECS and Kubernetes.
What We Offer
- You will be part of a remote-first distributed technology team that cares deeply about people, culture and best practices, and believes in agile principles. Take a look here and see what our team say about us!
- You’ll have continuous professional growth thanks to our career progression framework with regular reviews.
- You’ll improve your personal development through training and certification.
- You’ll contribute to our technical design through our open and collaborative Request For Comments (RFC) process.
- We are Open Source friendly, following Open Source principles in our internal projects and encouraging contributions to external projects.
- An in-depth onboarding process to make you feel part of the team from your first day.
- If you wish to improve your English skills, you’ll be able to take lessons in the school of your choice.
Due to our remote-first organisation and our remote-focused onboarding system, you will feel a crucial part of the team since day one. Curious about what working remotely is like at Ebury? Take a look and see what our team say about us!
If there’s something that you can do in our Tech team, it is growing professionally : thanks to our career path and our collaborative and cross- team working, every day is a new adventure. Get ready to take your career to the next level
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Founded in 2009, we are headquartered in London and have more than 1300 staff with a presence in more than 20 countries worldwide. Cultural diversity is part of what makes Ebury a special place to be. From Sao Paulo to Dubai, Bucharest to Toronto, we enjoy sharing team experiences and celebrating success across the Ebury family.
Hard work pays off: in 2019, Ebury received a 350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won internationally recognised awards including Financial Times: 1000 Europe’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced FinTech sector.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.