React Native Engineer
Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
We understand that mobility is life, and we are looking for a best-in-class Mobile Engineer to innovate the next generation of on-the-go interface capabilities. We need a highly intelligent and driven engineer that understands both the capabilities and the limitless potential surrounding mobile enterprise communications. You will be part of the team focused on a new kind of interactive, immersive experience that will forever change how things get done wherever anyone is at any time.
- You will serve as core committer and technical leader for one of the most advanced open-source mobile applications in the world.
- You will partner with and influence open source communities and platforms including Mattermost, React Native, WatermelonDB, and many others.
- Your architectural decisions can influence a generation of mobile development that looks to open source for the patterns and solutions to be echoed around the world.
- Your end-users will be working on some of the world’s most mission-critical endeavours, from space exploration to fighting COVID, to transforming the future of electric transportation, and protecting the financial assets of our global economy.
- You’ll do all this with your personal GitHub account, and you will publish the vast majority of your work as open-source and be able to share it with the world for the rest of your career.
- Work as part of a small team to build a Performant, Scalable, and Reliable React Native (iOS & Android) Mattermost client
- Build and maintain an excellent React Native application with clean code.
- You will be consistently measuring the impact and quality of feature additions and augmentations to a React Native app.
- Implement pixel-perfect UI’s that match designs while keeping or improving the app performance.
- Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience.
- Write unit and End to End tests
- Assist with building estimates
- You’ll have a strong input on the direction of product utility and launch while working directly with the experienced startup entrepreneurs leading this project
- Collaborate with our team engineers, designers, product managers, researchers, and visual effects engineers. Being an Open Source product, remember that you’ll also be collaborating with our awesome Community Contributors
- Effectively work while remote, with the ability to travel 2-3 times per year for week-long off-site meetings with team members
- 2+ years of professional experience developing production-ready mobile apps with React and/or ReactNative
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex projects.
- Ability to take ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to the general process.
- An understanding of React and React Native best practices
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of React Native applications
- Forensic attention to detail
- English skills (ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken English)
- Degree in Computer Science or related
- Experience working in open source communities