Lead Software Engineer, iOS
Lead Software Engineer, iOS
UNITED STATES (REMOTE)
ENGINEERING – MOBILE ENGINEERING
Swiftly® is building better retail through technology. Our best-in-class platform delivers turn-key solutions to retailers globally impacting millions of shoppers on a daily basis. The digital ecosystem empowers retailers to grow sales and build loyalty, while enabling brands to reach more shoppers through retail media networks. Swiftly’s technology harnesses the power of AI to help retailers build strong digital relationships with customers and deliver amazing sales results.
Swiftly is the first vendor in the industry to connect the digital and in- store shopping experience with a robust ad platform, while deepening insights using 1st party data and analytics. We offer the only system to seamlessly connect with retail customers across the entire shopping journey. With our recent Series B funding round totaling $100M, we are expanding our team with exciting times ahead.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Swiftly is creating the future of retail technology.
– Are lifelong learners, always seeking further mastery of our craft and staying apprised of the tools and methods available to us
– Experiment to increase our depth of understanding and breadth of possibility
– Have a drive to understand how things work
– Selflessly share our skills and knowledge with those around us
– Are preciseabout whatwe areoptimizing for, and what we are not
– Are thoughtful about who works on what, andwhy
– Are aware of our strengths and weaknesses, those of our colleagues,andwill ask for help when needed
- Implement designs to create applications for the iOS platform
- Attending / leading daily standup and other meetings as needed
- Communicate effectively and proactively with stakeholders about your work
- Collaborate with team to plan and implement product roadmap
- Focus on quality, performance, and responsiveness of applications
- Use the latest technologies and iOS APIs to create world-class applications
- Fixing bugs and performance problems
- Writing clean, readable, and testable code
- Cooperating with back-end developers, designers, and the rest of the team to deliver well-architected and high-quality solutions
- Proactively simplifies codes and resolves team architecture deficiencies
- Able to lead estimation and breakdown discussions
- Completes large complexity problems with minimal supervision
- Delivers independently tasks that are not completely defined
- Mitigates long term risks and finds a path forward in difficult situations
- Articulates trade-offs and complex concepts to peers
- Actively mentor others
- Leads projects to streamline team processes
- Knows the business model of the organization, and how the client code adds value
- Other related duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- 7 + years of industry experience designing, building, and maintaining native iOS applications
- Proven ability to collaborate with back-end services to build and integrate new features
- Confidence with MVC and iOS application architectures
- Expertise at ensuring your code is verifiable including designing and writing unit and integration tests with XCTest
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a related field or comparable industry experience
- Have lead several efforts to implement new features / updates to existing features
- Have made multiple “make / buy” decisions
- Able to whiteboard / collaborate on designs from individual UI elements to system designs
- Expertise with Swift, UIKit, SwiftUI
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Mix of startup and large software company experience
- Experience with writing other types of software (service, Android, desktop, web, etc.)
Working For Swiftly
We are working on a set of problems that require the best in the industry to get right. Our employees are the pillars of the future of the company and they are treated and compensated as such. We’re a growing team of experienced industry professionals building an organization that can solve tough problems and values a collaborative environment.
Every Swiftly employee:
-Has demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment -Takes ownership of their domain from the ground up, from inception through deployment to customers -Leaves their ego at the door and ensures the best idea leaves the room -Is always experimenting with new technologies and learning new skillsets If you’ve ever wanted to work on a project that blends a gorgeous consumer experience, sophisticated logistics, and scale that rivals the largest technology players, Swiftly is the place for you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Swiftly is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Swiftly will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.