Lead IOS Mobile Developer
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Lead IOS Mobile Developer
- Newton, MA – Remote OK
- Software Development
DUST Identity provides security, integrity, and traceability to the world’s supply chains. DUST, or Diamond Unclonable Security Tag, uses diamond particles as unique and unclonable markers on individual items. Think of a barcode, but invisible, unfalsifiable, and made with diamonds! With DUST, customers can ensure that every physical object — whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless work of art — is verified, authenticated, and ultimately, trusted.
DUST Identity is a fast-growing venture-backed startup at the intersection of innovations in materials, hardware, and software. DUST Identity is looking for new team members who are eager to take on the challenge of building the industry standard for physical object identification and security.
We’re looking for product-aware developers who are hard-working, inquisitive, and responsible individuals to help deliver the best mobile experience to our customers. The ideal candidate is deeply entrenched in mobile development, with a passion for leveraging the right tools and frameworks to guide the development of stable, robust, and resilient apps that best serve our customer base.
As our lead mobile developer, you will facilitate and own the technical outcome of DUST’s mobile technology offerings. You’ll collaborate on the development of our product facing mobile applications including requirements analysis, estimation, design and development, implementation, testing, and release into the Apple App Store. You will collaborate with product design, revenue, customer success, R&D, and other engineers to create awesome user experiences that allow our customers to interact with DUST’s digital thread and help create mobile centric workflows that solve complex industry challenges around the interaction of physical and digital things. You will contribute to the implementation of product features and key technology choices. You bring along a passion for technology and a high technical aptitude. You will also work alongside front-end, back-end, and devops engineers to promote proper implementation of agile processes, techniques and principles, helping us build the infrastructure needed to deliver mobile capabilities at scale along with our other product offerings. In addition, you will get the opportunity to collaborate with our R&D organization to develop features into our mobile product that integrates our core DUST scanning technology.
The Expertise And Skills You Bring:
- 3-5+ years of professional experience developing publicly available iOS apps using Swift 5
- Participated in the release of at least 1 publicly available app to the Apple App Store, from inception to launch, using automated tooling like Github actions, Azure DevOps, fastlane, and the XCode toolchain
- Experience working in a team of developers participating in code reviews, pull requests, and pair programming.
- Proven experience mentoring and coaching other iOS developers in a collaborative and team-based organization.
- Experiences with specific iOS frameworks and libraries including interacting with AVFoundation Framework – specifically interacting with the physical space including the iOS camera, NFCs, and the ability to ingest physical identifiers such as barcodes, QR codes, and 2D matrices. Knowledge of ARKit, CoreNFC and CoreML may be useful in future feature development.
- Knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies used in creating performant, resilient, and robust iOS apps.
- Knowledge of SDKs and APIs that can contribute to reusable code and developing Swift Packages that allow other developers to easily work with various interfaces in our codebase
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms to ensure consistency to software engineering standard methodologies including object-oriented and functional programming
- Excellent understanding of consuming API interfaces and knowledge of industry standard such as OpenAPI, OAuth, SSO
- Strong understanding of modern development principles such as trunk-based development, feature toggles, and branch by abstraction to support performant and collaborative engineering teams.
- Experience with translating designs from Figma or comparable framework to create responsive UI components.
- Proficient at writing unit and UI tests to ensure stability and quality of the application.
- Knowledge of C++ and deploying C++ modules into native Mobile iOS a plus.
Details You Should Know
- Start Date: Immediately
- Must have legal right to work in the United States without restrictions or time limitations
- Location: Remote
- Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity
- DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer
What We Offer
- Award-winning startup with a product that matters
- An abundance of snacks/coffee
- Medical, dental, vision, LTD, and life insurance
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Casual dress