Kotlin - Senior Android Developer
- Canada Only
The Description of the Company
1VALET is a canadian Property technology (PropTech) company revolutionizing the North American real estate industry. Using IoT and smart technologies thought our Smart Building OS, we transform every building into a connected smart home, creating safer and smarter communities. Property managers can now remotely manage all their buildings in one place, and residents can interact with the smart building they live in, from their phone.
The Main Features of 1VALET
- Smart Entry System using facial recognition and video intercom system
- Parcel and Delivery Management system that grants building access to all major couriers
- Access control using Smart door locks, Digital door keys and Access logs
- Parking management, Amenity Booking, Smart Thermostat, and much more.
The Android Developer Position
You're looking to develop not only an innovative product, but also to develop your knowledge and help others do the same. For you, developing a software is not just about coding: you also love to make it work at its best. You understand that people use your code in their everyday lives, where they feel best, at home. Its all about transforming their lives, today.
It's rewarding because
- You have the ability to provide your own creative input
- You work with the latest technologies always staying up to date with new trends
- You will see your work have an immediate impact on the end-user with our frequent deployments model. (i.e no waiting for months to watch your code be used)
- You work with a team of experienced designers to build custom views and user experiences
- We don't just build visually appealing views. We back that up with an extensive testing framework to ensure stability, maintainability and expandability of our code base.
The Primary Responsibilities
- Design and build applications for the Android platforms
- Deploy an application to the Play store
- Design RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Write unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Work closely with Product Managers, Product Designers, Developers and Testers
- Follow emerging technologies
The Perks and the Benefits
- Career development
- Remote work
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation and personal days off
- Office shutdown from Dec 25th to Jan 1st
- Work/life balance
- Stock options plan
- Paid healthcare benefits
- Company Social and Virtual Events
- Teamwork: Bring together driven, like-minded people and watch what we can accomplish.
- Initiative: Whether in your work life or at home, we believe in challenging yourself to take that extra step.
- Quality of work: Your work is a reflection of yourself. We want everyone to take pride in what they do.
- Creativity: Express yourself. Were looking to push boundaries and bring the unimaginable to life.
- Dedication: We find purpose in what we do, and are dedicated to supporting each other along the way.
The Successful Android Developer
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Strong Mobile development experience on Android using Kotlin
- Designing and building apps for the Android platforms
- Deploying applications to the Google Play store
- Entire development process (design, development and deployment)
- Designing RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Design patterns like MVC and MVVM
- Unit-testing for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Working in an Agile team
- Working in a SaaS model and with Azure Cloud technology ideally