- USA Only
- 2 applicants
San Francisco, CA or Denver, CO or New York City, NY or Remote (USA)
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non- traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
Want to learn more about what it’s like to work at Handshake? Check out these interviews from our team members!
We’ve built a fantastic (and highly rated) mobile experience for students to discover jobs, events, and information from their peers over the past few years. We’ve focused quite a bit on creating a delightful user experience, but we have so much more work to do!
We are looking for a mid-level iOS engineer to join our Spark Engagement team where they will work on features to allow students to connect with the right employers through improving their ability to get the information they need to understand the opportunities in front of them, and developing a more robust and valuable messaging system to facilitate this connection.
In this role, you will build new experimental features, implement core architecture, and craft new ways to help students find and build meaningful careers. You will be involved from design all the way to release; working closely with product, design and engineering teams to create a fantastic experience for our users. You will have the opportunity to shape the foundation of iOS development and mobile culture at Handshake.
We’ll count on you to be a vocal leader. Junior engineers will look to you for mentorship and leadership will look for opportunities for you to take on impactful responsibility.
- You get to architect and build new features for a rapidly growing user base.
- You’ll be working on a small, multi-functional team with other engineers, a designer, and a product manager.
- You’ll have the opportunity to help establish new paradigms and patterns as we scale our team to a large Mobile organization.
- We’ll rely on your experience in general engineering architecture discussions as well as product planning meetings.
- You’ll help maintain a high level of code craftsmanship through thoughtful code review.
- You’ll mentor junior engineers and share your experience and knowledge with senior engineers in order to level up the codebase as well as our shared knowledge.
You’ll work with these technologies:
- SwiftUI, UIKit, Snapkit, MVVM+C, Swift, XCTest, Fastlane, and more
- Targeting iOS 15+
- You have an eye for good design
- You appreciate friendly user experiences
- You are self-driven and able to prioritize your time
- You are a problem solver and a critical thinker who can communicate effectively
- You have 3 to 5 years of professional working experience with the iOS platform
- You have on the job experience with Swift
- You have on the job experience with UI development
- You have on the job experience with data persistence, RESTful APIs, GraphQL, MVC, and MVVM+C architectures
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for allU.S.-based rolesbased on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers – from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work- life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
At Handshake, we’ll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- Handshake offers $500/360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.