VP Global Marketing
Are you ready to shape the future of media-rich learning experiences for students around the world?
Boclips is a diverse company of 75 people in 35 locations around the world, dedicated to having a meaningful impact in education. We are on a mission to supercharge learning platforms around the world with rich and relevant video, audio and interactives. Digital media such as videos and podcasts are critical in the online delivery of learning experiences to engage students and improve outcomes - but in order for those assets to provide value, they need to find their right place within the different learning curricula. That's where we come in!
We are building an AI-led platform to curate and stream the world's digital content for education. We have partnered with content creators from TED Talks to Crash Course, from The Economist to Sci Show to swiftly match top-quality digital media against learning objectives and bring education to life.
Why you'll love this role.
We received our Series B round of funding in June and we are ready to fire up our growth! This is our first VP Global Marketing so you'll build and scale our marketing function globally; this is yours to own!
In a nutshell, you'll be responsible for hiring and growing a team that encompasses these functional areas —
- Product marketing and sales enablement
- Content marketing (across all channels)
- Inbound lead generation
- Growth experiments (A/B tests & optimization)
- Account-based marketing
- Social media
- Performance Marketing
High level goals —
- Build an inbound lead generation engine that provides value to prospects at every step of the buyer's journey.
- Use data to inform strategy. Establish the experiment, evaluate, improve, learn process.
- Shape our product positioning, messaging and all our communications to our global audience of courseware creators, curriculum developers and digital learning platforms from the US to India.
- Hire a talented team of people and the next level of marketing leaders at Boclips.
Reporting to our Chief Revenue Officer, you will —
- Establish the strategy for email campaigns through Hubspot in support of our objectives. Track, learn, iterate, repeat. Allowing data to drive the strategy you and your team create.
- Collaborate with product and sales on go to market strategies into unfamiliar customer segments.
- Create the north star metrics for marketing that align with our product vision and business objectives.
- Lead the team that will develop engaging content across all channels, social, digital, email and our website.
- You'll lead on sales enablement and collateral that helps our global sales team demonstrate the value of Boclips to our customers and new audiences.
- You're an expert in our customers and fine-tune our messaging and uncover insights that lead to more renewals, revenue and added value for our customers.
- You'll be a peer to our VP Product, Head of Product and VP Sales, collaborating cross-functionally to achieve our business goals as a team.
We care more about who you are and how you work than a specific list of skills but here's a guide to what will help you succeed in this role —
- A startup, hands-on mindset. Can move between strategy and execution. You can point to roles where you have done a lot with a little.
- If you have worked in B2B SaaS product company this is a big plus.
- People-first leader who cares about the thoughts and feeling of others. (essential)
- You've ideally scaled a B2B marketing function in a high-growth tech company at a similar stage to ours or have worked in environments where you have needed to adapt, experiment and learn quickly.
- This may be your first time VP Marketing role. Perhaps you are the Director level looking for the next step..
- You have some experience creating strategies that engage our audience of educators. (not essential)
- You rely on data to develop your marketing strategy. You tell a compelling story from this data to peers and an exec team.
- You are intellectually curious. Asking questions to understand context first before diving into solutions.
- You lead with trust, authenticity and humility.
What We Offer
- Targeting a salary of $160,000 in the US (with flex). If you earn more than this and believe you are a match, please apply! Salaries are adjusted for location outside the US.
- Annual company bonus (up to 10%)
- 30 days PTO (+ 9 public holidays)
- Choose how you work (fully-remote, preferably in East Coast US)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K (3% matching)
- Enhanced parental leave (16 weeks fully-paid UK)
- Professional development budget
- Home office set-up budget
- Global off-sites in Europe or US once a year. Lisbon in 2022!
- Travel to London periodically.
At Boclips, we're building a product for education, which means we are building a product for all learners. Our platform and its content is viewed by thousands of students around the world every week who have different needs, abilities and backgrounds. That's why we are committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability so our team can better empathise with our users.