Vice President of Marketing
Vice President (VP) of Marketing
at Gravity Sketch
About Gravity Sketch
Our team is on a mission to revolutionise the way we bring ideas to life and fundamentally change the way 3D design is done today. We help design teams to create and communicate 3D ideas in the quickest and most intuitive way possible. We’ve developed the first end-to-end 3D design platform that allows teams to carry out work from the early phases of the design process all the way through to hand-off for productionisation. The tools we have developed are changing the way companies across automotive, industrial design, and entertainment industries carry out their day-to-day work. The platform is helping teams deliver more creative outputs, foster better collaboration, and compress products’ time to market resulting in a much more sustainable product development process. The platform offers VR, tablet, and web-based applications allowing users to bring the tools seamlessly into their workflow. Cross-discipline teams at companies such as Ford Motor Company and Adidas depend on the platform to collaborate and deliver world-class products both physical and digital. Being highly skilled in the use of Gravity Sketch is important for new hires in industry leaders such as Adidas/Yeezy, sitting alongside tools like Adobe’s Photoshop.
- Just closed an $33m Series A round led by Accel and GV, with some exciting angels joining such as Tony Fadell (inventor of the iPod and iPhone), Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Kevin Durant and Rich Kleiman (Thirty Five Ventures), Soleio (famed as the “Like button” designer) and Paul Robson (Adobe’s Head of International)
- We have 4x our revenue and 5x our user base in the last year
- ~1.5 million app downloads (most of which was in the last 18 months)
Our Team & Culture
We’re a lean but ambitious team of ~70 spread across the globe (UK, Europe & North America). We may be geographically spread out, but we’re tied by our mission to radically change how teams communicate ideas spatially and expressively from anywhere.
Our focus is on output and getting the work done, not counting the hours you work. We appreciate that everyone has their own optimum setup, and so provide flexibility in terms of when and where you get work done.
Impact, ownership and being part of our team on a mission
are at the heart of our culture. We encourage everyone to experiment, bring new ideas to the table, and challenge one another in order to arrive at the best solutions for our users. Trustis another fundamental, which is echoed through autonomy of our work. We rely on each other to be resourceful, make decisions quickly, give honest feedback, ask for help, or do whatever needs to be done in order to make a positive impact on the team, users, or business.
We are all learning as we build this business and find that with each new addition to the team our ambition grows. We look for teammates that wish to grow with us on the journey; we value individuals with a curiosity to learn and eagerness to take initiative, following through on the work we initiate. Innovation day takes place every month, creating space to focus on an innovative passion project (something that would be cool for users).
We work hard, and know how to have fun too; with company trips, socials, sports, gaming sessions and more. We welcome you to share your hobbies with the team so we can all try something new!
About the role
We’re looking for a growth-minded and creative VP of Marketing. So far, the growth we’ve experienced has been primarily product led: a strong community of professional users using the free version of the product has eventually brought this new way of designing into their professional workplace.
We have a lot of foundational assets in place: over 1 million downloads, 100k MAUs, a 50k strong active Instagram community, some of the largest brands in the world as customers (Adidas, Ford, Volkswagen Group, etc) who talk about us, and a user base who proactively reach out to engage with us. However, we’ve yet to build a marketing team and strategy to leverage these assets and take the growth and success of the business to the next level.
Reporting into the CEO, you’ll be part of the leadership team with significant Board exposure, and have the autonomy and ownership to define what our marketing playbook looks like, and build out the team to successfully deliver impact.
- Figure out which growth themes work, and double down on them to increase the quantity and quality of MQLs and SQLs in a predictable and repeatable manner
- Run iterative growth experiments to programatically accelerate sales cycles and help deepen customer accounts
- Help us understand our users and customers better, in terms of industries and personas
- Establish, measure and report on KPIs and trends – internally and to Board
- Build a team including specialists in ABM and branding to deliver on overall marketing strategy
- Proven experience building up a marketing function at an enterprise software company from an early stage
- Growth focused generalist, who has an understanding and empathy for branding and storytelling
- Ability and desire to be hands-on with execution to get things done (at least in the early days before the team is built out)
- Outstanding ability to plan and manage budgets
- First principles thinker who can adapt prior experience to the specifics of a new industry, company, product, and team
- Excellent leadership and project management skills, collaborating with cross-functional teams
This role can be fully remote (ideally US East Coast based), and we also have our office in London (UK), which you are welcome to use as much or little as suits you best.
What we offer
- Uncapped holidays : Startup world is busy, we encourage taking time off to recharge and rest.
- Flexible working: w e appreciate that everyone has their optimum setup and things to work around in life. We would support remote and hybrid working as well as varying hours.
- £50/ month personal wellbeing budget
- Private healthcare
- £1,000 personal budget per year for professional development.You will learn a lot here but there may be more want or need. With this budget, we aim to support you in your career growth.
- Team lunch Wednesdays:out together in person, or virtually with food delivery credit.
- Socials, ski trips & a biannual global meet up: w e are passionate about bringing everyone together whenever we can, this helps build tighter bonds and alignment.
- Enhanced parental leave policy (maternity and paternity)
- Chance to work at a fast growing start-up changing how the products of the future are designed, and exposure to a transparent startup journey
- Real work ownership – you drive your own initiatives and have an opportunity to take your work all the way through to launch.
- Opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading design companies
- Transparent insight into the startup journey, plus unparalleled learning if you’re up for the challenge!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, background, and nationality.