Vice President of Marketing Analytics
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Vice President of Marketing Analytics
- Boston, MA
- Remote – US
- Full time
At DraftKings, we’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space and are propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Be the strategy behind the game.
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
We are looking for a Vice President of Marketing Analytics. This role will require cross-functional coordination across several groups, including marketing, finance, product, engineering, data science, and other analytics organizations.
Our ideal candidate has experience using data and analytics to develop and optimize marketing activities to maximize acquisition, monetization, and retention; is an excellent communicator that can provide thought leadership to executive leadership; and can manage a large team with a broad scope of responsibilities.
Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Vice President of Marketing Analytics:
- Manage a team of 40+ analysts supporting the DraftKings’ Analytics mission of Smarter Decisions, Faster. Maintain the wider roadmap of high importance items, work with senior leadership across the company to identify the highest priority areas, and drive initiatives to completion
- Develop talent; promote, hire, and manage a large team with the focus of elevating the organization’s people and abilities
- Facilitate and promote a collaborative working environment across the central analytics organization; establish communication workflows with other Analytics thought leaders
- Manage analytics support for project lifecycles, from business development to final delivery, connecting optimization metrics and data tagging to the strategic intent of campaigns and underlying business objectives
- Benchmark marketing activity, performance, and spend against industry best practices, and evolve the roadmap for improvements
- Develop analytical approaches to solving business problems and provide thought leadership; including development of and delivery according to analytic roadmaps and project plans
- Measure and analyze effectiveness of campaigns, projects, and initiatives in a high quality and timely manner
- Participate in the exploration and understanding of new measurement and analysis methodologies to drive insight and recommendations
- Provide leadership for client analytics projects (timeliness, quality, profitability, team management): planning, managing, leading, and presenting a wide variety of marketing analytic projects from start to finish
- Serve as the point of escalation for requests from the media and brand teams when necessary
Reporting and Analysis
- Oversee delivery of daily, weekly, monthly deliverables that report on the health and performance of the business; continue to refine and share these recurring analytics reporting materials with marketing leadership and provide data-driven recommendations and insights based upon measured results
- Develop new analytical frameworks, data science techniques and predictive analytics to better understand and optimize campaign performance, customer behavior and omnichannel opportunities
- Manage multiple, concurrent resources and projects toward successful completion, including both ongoing/core workstreams and ad-hoc/quick-turn needs
- Identify opportunities to improve media mix model to drive better acquisition and improve profitability
- Develop rapport and relationship of trust with the marketing organization and other stakeholders in the organization ranging from individual contributors to senior leadership
- Participate in new business development activities and lead and help grow new capabilities from an analytics / measurement perspective
- Present insights based on internal and external data to gain alignment on major initiatives at multiple levels of the organization
- Refine analytics frameworks to drive new thinking across all marketing functions
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of relevant experience preferably in marketing data analytics. Previous experience in the online gaming industry is helpful
- Deep knowledge of relevant social and media analytics tools (for monitoring, automation, CRM, social engagement, audience intelligence, data visualization and enrichment)
- Advanced understanding of CRM, personalization, consumer segmentation, acquisition cost and lifetime value
- Experience measuring, mining, and generating insights from digital customer engagement data within all digital channels, including website, paid media, social media and email campaign data sets
- Strong experience and knowledge of advanced Statistical models and methods, expertise with at least one statistical analysis platform strongly preferred
Attention to detail
Confidence in presenting ideas and concepts within and across the organization strong communication, organization, analytical, negotiating, and problem-solving skills; not afraid to take calculated risks and offer points of view
- Comfort explaining advanced data and analytical concepts to leadership
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and coach team managers; inspiring curiosity and proactive problem solving
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, computer science, data analytics or related studies
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $220,000.00 – $330,000.00, plus bonus, equity, and benefits as applicable. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range and how that was determined during the hiring process.