Value Sales Analyst
- USA Only
- Location: Remote, US
The Tanium Value Sales Analyst will be responsible for creating models and documents used to predict, convey and track the economic value of the Tanium platform for prospective and existing customers. This will also include presenting findings to prospects and customers, and working in a collaborative manner with customer personnel to iteratively improve and tailor models and other artifacts. The Analyst will also be involved in maintenance and mining of historical data related to value projections and realization for Tanium’s customer base.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Meet with Tanium internal account teams to determine the strategic approach for engaging the prospect or customer in a conversation about Tanium’s value proposition
- Meet with prospects and customers to introduce Tanium’s Value approach and begin to gather information required to complete a business value analysis or ROI model
- Meet with prospects and customers to present preliminary findings, gather feedback and make revisions and updates as requested
- Keep the Director of Value updated with respect to status of each opportunity and engage Director as an escalation point for more complex opportunities or other challenges
- Monitor and maintain the queue of incoming requests for Value assistance in Salesforce, and triage those request amongst the team
- Manage and mine historical artifacts (models and other deliverables) developed for customers over the past ~5 years for the purposes of organization, intelligence/trends, re-use, etc.
- Work on various efforts to improve Value tools, processes and methods, including incorporation of new tools and forms of automation, external research, field enablement (training), etc.
The Ideal Candidate
- An analytical thinker with a desire to use financial data to motivate business and technology decision makers to act.
- Comfortable with articulating technology-centric, data-driven stories: How a technology solution can impact business performance and drive improvement in key metrics, resulting in measurable business/financial outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or Statistics, and 3+ years of related professional experience
- Basic understanding of business value concepts as specifically applied to the world of technology, in areas such as IT Operations, CyberSecurity, SaaS, Cloud.
- Strong technology, analytical and communication skills.
- Comfort interacting with and presenting to internal Sales teams as well as customer personnel at the Manager/Director level
- An individual that possesses a wow factor. What have you done that has surpassed expectations in delivery and outcome?
- An individual with a strong appreciation for business intelligence in pursuit of business outcome.
- Must have strong experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience with one or more of the following is desirable: Salesforce.com, ServiceNow, Apptio, Splunk / other data analytics platforms, data visualization products, cloud services (Amazon, Google, etc.), ITSM tools, database tools
- Strong project management capability with deadline focus
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities and use of judgment
- Ability to work effectively in a distributed work (often remote) environment
- Ability to find creative solutions when options are limited while ensuring that unique critical requirements are not adversely impacted
- Experience in leading change and ability to work effectively through conflict